Status: New Story!

Sacrifice

Those Hazel Eyes

Tonight at Zane it seems like everyone wanted to come out to drink. The club is totally packed I even had to call over two other bartenders to help me. I had my hands full with one of the clubs regulars, Hector. He always tries to give me his number and hold my hand. He’s harmless not a mean bone in his body. He started drinking heavily after his wife, Catalina died after that he’s never been the same.

“Hey Bonita what are you doing later?” Hector asks me holding my hand. I sigh and whip down the bar and removing his 4th empty beer bottle. He usually drinks before coming here so right now he isn’t safe to drive himself.

“Well, Hector I plan on going home at 3 am taking a long hot shower, alone, and going to bed, alone.” I say to him. He shouldn’t be new to this seeing how I say it to him every night.

“Ah but you are such a beautiful girl you shouldn’t be alone.” He says looking at me.

“Thank you Hector I’m gonna have Bruce call you a cab so you can go home.” I say taking my hand away from him.

“You are too good to my Bonita gracias.” Hector says getting up from the bar giving me a 20 dollar bill he always did that for me.

“You’re welcome Hector take care thank you for the tip.” I say slipping into my pocket. He nods and walks off.

I let out a long sigh before serving others and collecting there money for their tabs. I walk back over to the bar to see a nicely built guy with brown hair and hazel eyes. I see that his arms are completely covered in colorful tattoos. I walk over and place a napkin on the bar in front of him.

“Hey, what can I get you tonight?” I ask looking at him. He smiles showing off his dimples and nice teeth.

“Yeah first I’ll have a Heineken and second I’ll have your name please.” He asks looking into my eyes.
For a moment I think about snapping back at him, but he seems decent. I grab a cold Heineken and pop the top and hand it to him.

“I’m Alyx now it’s only good manner for you to give me your name.” I say giving him a smile.

“I’m Matt and I happen to have very good manner I did say please when I asked for your name.” He says back smirking.

After about 20 minutes of me working and talking to Matt I seem to be smiling more like I actually enjoy working.

“Alright you lucky ladies and dirt bags it’s that time of the night where resident bartender comes up here and sings for us.” I hear my boss Marshall on the mic.

Oh god not tonight. I wasn’t gonna sing and have Matt see me.

“You sing?” Matt asks as his face lights up.

“Not tonight I’m really tired.” I say quickly.

“Oh come on Alyx don’t be shy cause I’m here.” Matt says laughing. I look at him and shoot daggers at him.

I run up to the stage and grabbed the mic.

I do this every Friday night; Marshall thought it was a good plan to get more business. I love to sign and play music I wanted to be a big musician, but I sacrificed that for my two sisters to make sure they were alright.

“Alright guys I’m only doing one song tonight I’m tired and have to be up at 6 am to go to work again.” I say laughing a little. I hear the guitars and drums and I feel myself getting into the music. I decided to sing Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn” just because I love that song.

After the song like always the bar crowd start yelling and clapping and I run off stage. I looked around and see that Matt up and left, but I saw I note on the table. His money for the beers is also with the note too.

Nice voice, call me sometime.

His number is written underneath it. That is when I notice Matt left his sunglasses. I just sigh and put them in my bag in case he comes back for them. I start breaking down the bar seeing how it is close to closing time. By the time I collected everyone’s tabs and counting all the money to give to Marshall I look at the clock 2:45am. I clock out and grab my stuff and walk out to my car. The thing is a piece of crap, but it gets me to where I need to go. I do to start it up but nothing happens.

Oh please come on.

I try again and still nothing I can’t believe my battery died. I just rest my head on the steering wheel hoping it will start.

Then I nearly jump 20 feet when someone tapped on my window. I calm down a little to see that it’s Matt. I open the car door and get out,

“Car won’t start?” He asks looking at my piece of crap.

“Yeah I could feel this day coming.” I say trying to laugh.

“Well I can try to jump your car so you can at least get home.” Matt says to me.

“Oh my god if you could that would be awesome.” I say popping the hood. I see Matt go back to his SUV to grab cables. He sets everything up and tells me to go ahead and try to start it. It starts right up and I can’t keep the smile off my face. Matt comes over and that’s when I remember his sunglasses, and I get them out of my bag.

“You should be all set to get home, but you are gonna need to get a new battery.” Matt says. I hand him his sunglasses and smile.

“Thank you so much I can’t express how grateful I am thank you.” I say trying not to sound like a freak.

“Thanks for keeping my sunglasses safe, and if you wanna pay me back just accept my invite to coffee.” Matt says smiling. I can’t help but blush I never really expected him to ask me for coffee.

“Um sure how about at 4 I get off from my other job at 3 so we can meet up somewhere.” I say

“Perfect well you have my number call or text me to let me know you made it home safe.” He says.

“Thanks I will talk to you later.” I say to me and he nods

I drive home and quickly get into the apartment and check on my sisters. I see Nikki passed out on the couch. I cover her with a blanket before checking on Maizy. I see her sleeping soundly and I make sure she is all covered and warm before I give her a kiss on the forehead. I get out my phone and put Matt’s number in it then I text him that I was home. A few seconds later he texts back

Glad to hear good night :)

I smile and text him back with a good night before getting into the shower and go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Hope you enjoy let me know what you think!!

Alyx