Status: ACTIVE!!! :D

Neverending Game

6

I entered the cave that Vic was in before. He was still lying on a rock, looking helpless. I knelt down beside him. The bleeding in his leg had stopped. That was a good thing, but he still looked like he was in pain. He stared into my eyes. “Kellin, I’m scared.” He said. “What?” I asked stupidly. Vic sighed, dropping his gaze. “I… I don’t think we’re gonna make it.” He said. “So many of these kids are dying, one by one. It won’t be long before the Careers or the Tracker Jackers find us and kill us.” I frowned. Inside, I knew he was somewhat correct. “Don’t talk like that, Vic…” I said. I was as scared as he was, but I needed to be strong.

Vic sighed. “Kellin, that’s sweet, but you know I’m right.” He said. I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. “N-no…” I said, believing Vic more and more. Suddenly, out of the entrance of the cave, I saw a little silver package float down from the sky on a bright red parachute. Vic gasped, grinning. I smiled. “Sponsors!” Vic said happily. I got up and ran out of the cave. I seized the box off of the ground. There was a little tag on it.

It read: “To Kellin and Vic- from Brendon” I grinned. Brendon was our mentor, or the winner of the Hunger Games from our district. I grinned and kissed the package gratefully. I turned around. Vic was propped up, craning his neck to see what was going on. I held the box over my head so he could see. “Sponsors!” I yelled happily. Vic grinned. There was finally hope in this neverending spiral of death.

I ran back to the cave, sliding down onto my knees as I got near Vic. I ripped open the package. Inside there was a glass jar and three pieces of bread. The glass jar was filled with a thick, white
fluid. On the jar, there was a little tag. I picked it up and held the tag between my forefinger and thumb. I read it out loud for Vic to hear.

Dear Boys,
This is a healing cream. Kellin, you can use it to heal Vic’s (and your) injuries. You need to scoop a little onto your fingers, and then apply it gently to the wound. It should work overnight. It will sting when you first put it on, so brace yourself. The bread is for you two and you two only. Don’t give it to anyone else but yourselves. May the odds be ever in your favor.
-Brendon

Vic smiled. “Thank God for Brendon.” He muttered. I twisted off the top of the jar and set it aside. I stuck my fingers in the stuff. It felt disgusting. I moved down to Vic’s calf so I could get the cream on. As soon as the stuff made contact with his wound, Vic gasped a little. I heard him wince. I rubbed it around. “Oh God, that hurts, Kellin.” He said quietly. I sighed. “It’s worth it. Eat some bread or something.” I said hastily, retracting my fingers. “Alright, let it sit out in the open air.” I said. Vic nodded.

I looked out of the cave. The sun was just setting, and the sky was a bright shade of orange. The sun shone through the trees, the light just reaching Vic and I’s little cave. It was beautiful. I turned around. Vic was cuddled close to the rock he had been leaning up against.
He was fast asleep. I smiled. I laid down next to him. I was pretty tired, too. I leant over and kissed him goodnight, blushing as I did so. Vic smiled in his sleep, turning towards me slightly. I looked at him, thanking any listening deities that we were still alive. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, a new chapter! Finally, a chapter with a little bit of kellic! You're welcome, my little munchkins.