A Fairy Tail

The start

'Dammit it's dark in here.' Raina mumbled as she snuck arund her room. It was the middle of the night, an everyone was asleep. Her bright blue eyes looked around the dark room that barely had any light shining in.

She adjusted the bag she had on her shoulder, then looked over her shoulder an looked at her twin sister who was out cold in bed. Then stuck her tongue out at her before she left the room silently. Raina closed the door quietly and then headed down the hallway, the moonlight's rays shined in through the large windows in the hall and iluminated her way.

Raina headed out of the mansion she had spent her first fifteen years in. Her back straight, shoulders pointed, she was determined to make it on her own as a young adult. She was ready to be independent.

Her footsteps crunching on the ground were the only sound that met the young (hearis's ears as she walked). The night air was cool and made small goosebumps raise on her uncovered arms. "This is nothing compared to what, Melinda put us through, I can deal with this stupid cold ass breeze." Raina mumbled to herself as she crossed her arms an started to rub her arms.

Pretty soon, the young girl was off of her family's property and was in an unknown territory. Raina, being a pampared girl, had never left the confines of her families property. Her bright blue eyes looked around the now slightly lit area in amazement. She had never walked through the forest alone before. Or even be near a forest in any case.

Silence met Raina's ears, the deathly silent forest annoying the already aggitated teen. She bit her bottom lip as she walked an looked down slightly. She always got lost in her thoughts when it was quiet out. Slowly, memories of a few hours ago started to flow through her mind as she walked the silent road alone.

"Maci, Maci come here! Look!" Raina said as she did the stance and hand figures that was required to do their snow magic. Her bright eyes lit up when she created a small burst of light snow in the back garden. "That was great Raina! But try it like this." Maci said as she deminstrated a stronger stance, that made the magic more powerful.

Raina slowly nodded her head as she watched her twin and then took a dep breath before she did the same stance and copied her. Slowly, the older twin did all of the thingsshowen to her and let her snow magic skills show, hopefully making a stronger snowfall. Unfortunatelly, it backfired on her and did very little better then what she had done the first time.

Laughter met Raina's ears as she slowly straightened up. Her light blue eyes moved over to Maci, who was doubled over laughing at her aweful performance. "What are you laughing about? It wasn't that funny!" Raina said as she glared at her sister.

"I know, I know. I didn't -" Raina cut her off with her hot temper. "Just shut it! You don't need to always rub it in that you're better at stupid snow magic than me!" She said and stomped off, not listening to her sister calling her name.

Raina snapped out of her haze as she collided with a rather hard surface and fell back ontoo her butt.

"Ow." She mumled as she rubbed her sore lower back and opened her eyes, her gaze moving up to look at the thing she had bumped into. Her eyes widening a little as she saw a guy who was quite attractive and was looking down at her.

Raina opened her mouth then closed it a few times before she collected herself and glared at the man. He reached one of his hands out to help her up, but she swatted it away and stood up on her own.

"Are you okay? You seemed to have bumped into me rather hard." He asked as he looked at Raina with an arched eyebrow. "Yeah just great" She said, with a slight attitude as she dusted herself off and glared back at him again. "Look I'm sorry you bumped into me, maybe next time you should look where you're going" He said smoothly, not slightly fazed at all by her attitude.

Raina tryed to think of a quick come back, but instead just got lost stairing into his beautiful brown eyes. The man looked at Raina oddly for a moment then started to slowly smirk. "Why are you stairing at me like that?" He inquired as he arched his right eyebrow an kept his slight smirk.

Snapping out of her slight daze by the sound of his voice. A slight blush crossed her cheeks an she huffed as she looked away from him, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was NOT staring at you." Then she looked back at him, trying to seem composed as she looked back up into his dark eyes. "You must have a big ego for thinking a young pretty girl would stare at a creep like you." She said, her voice wavering a little bit.

This, caused the man to arch both eyebrows, finding the girl quite amusing. "Wow, who has the big ego now?" He asked, causing Raina to blush deeply an look away quickly as she felt her face getting hot.

A small chuckle escaped from the man at Raina's reaction. Then once he stopped he looked back at the blonde an tried to not smirk at the obvious blush on her cheeks. "So, where are you heading?" He asked, curiously.

"Anywhere that's not here." She said as she moved to brush past him. The man stopped her though as he gently grasped her arm. "Ouch that was harsh." He said, finding her amusing. "No, it's the truth." She said as she stopped her movements an looked up at him. "I don't really like forests an I'm currently on the run an would like to get as far away from here before noon." Raina explained calmly.

The man looked at her quizically, finding her explenation intreging. "On the run from what?" He asked, causing Raina to sigh quietly before she said. "What business is it of yours? I don't even know who you are."

"Jallel, and you are?" He asked her smoothly, finding her little tough act amusing, causing him to smirk alittle. Raina blushed an gently bit her bottom lip as she looked away from him as she quietly said, "Raina." Her shy side coming out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was written for fun so please don't tell us it sucks. :P