Status: New Co-Write

Dear Santa.

Chapter 4

Stella

I shut the door to my bedroom once I was inside and leaned my back against the door, the imagines of Liam Payne flashed through my mind as I closed my eyes for a few moments to get a hold of everything that just happened to me.

How on earth did I even get over to Liam’s place and into his bed? I had no idea and to say it was a shock wasn’t even coming close, sure I wanted to wake up beside him but I never thought it would be a reality.

Moving around my room I lifted my dressing robe from the hook on the back of my bedroom door before I headed back into the short hallway, going into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day.

After showering and drying off I blow dried my brunette locks before curling my own head of hair, meanwhile my mind drifted off to the person that I somehow woke up beside.

I pushed him to the back of my mind as I didn’t want to deal with what occurred and I definitely didn’t want to talk to Olive about it, what was I even suppose to say to her? I didn’t have an explanation for how I suddenly woke up in a different bed in a strange house, no one would be about to explain that.

Sliding my arms into my robe I went back to my room so I could get dressed, I decided on a nice plain red dress that flared out at the waist with black tights to keep my legs warm.

Applying a small amount of makeup to my face after I had put my feet into my pink slippers, my feet shuffled as I walked back over to where Olive was still sitting.

“Go get dressed or you’re going to freeze yourself, it’s Christmas so you can’t make yourself sick” I told her not knowing how she made it back to the apartment in the freezing morning air, this time of year was a shock to both our systems as it was summer back home in Australia meaning a hot Christmas day.

“Right yeah” Olive mumbled more to herself as she pushed herself off of the couch while I made my way into the kitchen, flicking the kettle on I set two mugs on the counter and spooning coffee and sugar into my mug while placing a tea bag into Olive’s mug.

Opening the fridge door I set the milk down beside the kettle then started to pull out the egg carton, ham and sausages for a big Christmas breakfast.

Turning the stove on and placing a pan onto the hot plate to heat up, I also rushed over to my bedroom grabbing the small wrapped box before I ran back into the kitchen leaving the present on the tiny circular dining table.

Placing slices of ham on a baking tray I slid it into the oven just to warm the meat slightly while I cracked a few eggs into a pan to make scrambled eggs, the sausages were beginning to cook in another pan while bread was in the toaster.

Hearing the kettle finish boiling I carefully pour the water into the two mugs, stirring the spoons so everything is mixed together I pour milk into my own mug before taking the bottle back to the fridge.

Once the food was finished cooking and I had plated up for myself and Olive, I sat at the dining table to wait for my best friend who I could hear was coming out of her bedroom.

“Merry Christmas Oli” I smiled brightly at my best friend as she walked into the kitchen, her beautiful face lit up as we never had such a feast because neither of them liked to spend that much money on food unless the bills and rent had already been paid for.

“Stella we said no gifts but Merry Christmas, this breakfast looks and smells amazing. You’ve out done yourself again” Olive smiled pulling a gift card from behind her back as she knew how much I loved buying things for myself, now I wouldn’t have to pay as much for something that I wanted.

“Thank you Olive now open your present” I smiled taking the gift card from her fingers as she sat down on the chair, Christmas was a time of the year where I was the most excited because I simply loved giving gifts even if I didn’t have much money to spare.

“Oh Stell it’s so beautiful, I love it so much and will use it every day” Olive gushed as she unwrapped the box before lifting the lid only to see a silver bookmark, a silver metal flower was carved at the top with different coloured gems stuck in places.

“Great I knew that you would, let’s eat because I’m starving and I don’t want anything to get cold” I said before mounding a good amount of scrambled eggs onto my fork and placing it all into my mouth, I did love cooking and baking so seeing me in the kitchen wasn’t unusual.

****


“Hello, you must be Stella. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, I’m Harry. Olive left her key at my place and Happy Christmas” Harry smiled seeing the brunette who opened the front door of the apartment, he watched as she took a small step to the side and allowed him to walk inside from the cold.

He was overly happy to meet Stella who he had heard so many good things about, but Olive hadn’t introduced them even if he had already taken his girlfriend to meet his friends and band mates though he didn’t want to pressure her.

“It’s nice to meet you too Harry and Merry Christmas” I said to him slightly star struck while I shut the door to keep the cold out of the apartment, I knew who I had seen this morning but having another member of One Direction this close to me was something I never dreamed would happen.

Walking through to the kitchen to give Olive and Harry some privacy as Olive was sitting on the couch in the living room, even though I wanted to give them privacy I could still hear them talking clearly and by Olive’s voice I knew she was still shocked about Harry being there.

Listening to Harry’s wonderful accented voice when he asked if Olive was ready to leave, which made her than ask what for causing Harry to explain himself. He had booked some rooms months ago at The Fox Inn which was in Finchingfield, Essex and he had planned to spend time over Christmas with the guys and Olive.

“I must have completely forgotten, I’m sorry Harry. I haven’t packed or told Stella about leaving” Olive said with an uncertainty in her voice as she had already made plans to spend the day with me, I had no idea what was going on but I wouldn’t let my best friend miss a chance to spend time with Harold Styles.

“That’s alright, Stella can come with us. The guys are going to be there so she can hang out with them, I’ll wait for you both to pack” Harry glanced over to the kitchen where he could see Stella and he wasn’t about to take no for an answer, considering the guys were nearly ready to drive to the small town.

“I suppose we could come, we don’t have any better plans Olive and it does sound like it would be fun” I looked at Olive giving her a small shrug of my shoulders, even if Liam was there it didn’t mean I had to talk to him or spend any time with him.

“Okay, we won’t be long” Olive told Harry before we both walked to our bedrooms, on the way we shared a confused look but nothing was said about what was happening. If this was a dream than I’d enjoy it as long as it lasted.

Heading into my room I pulled out a duffle bag then opened all the drawers of my dresser and started pulling out items of clothing, planning out outfits in my head before packing them into my bag.

I would have normally taken my sweet time in packing but knowing Harry was waiting, made me not want to make him wait any longer than necessary.

I zipped up my bag than pulled up my school bag from the floor filling it up with the books I’d needed for studying, carrying everything out I noticed Olive had already finished with wasn’t a surprise to me.

Though when Harry took the bags from us so he could take them outside to his car, it was a little surprise but in a good way.

“We really need to work out what’s going on Stell, this isn’t normal not for us. I don’t know what’s going on” Olive spoke once Harry had left the apartment and she watched as I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a few snacks for the drive and making sure I hadn’t forgotten anything.

“We’ll work this out Oli, somehow we’ll work all of this out. But for now your boyfriend needs you” I gave her a cheeky smile which only caused me to get an eye roll and a light blush from Olive, pulling on my ankle boots I followed her outside and locked the door behind myself.

I climbed into the back seat of Harry’s toasty warm car placing the seat belt across my body, I glanced over to the passenger seat where Olive was sitting rather awkwardly considering she was right beside the young man she had the biggest crush on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the lovely iWearConverse for the wonderful comment and thank you for everyone who has read this story so far, Esther and myself would love to hear more feedback from you all.