Status: Just giving it a go.

Which Way Is the Right Way?

1

You could feel the winter slowly beginning to set in. The last remaining leaves falling to the ground with every gust of wind. You pull your thin jacket tighter around you but to no avail. The biting cold still making your skin numb. You walked faster along the twists and turns that lead to your friend's house. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, you felt it starting to rain.
"Typical British weather" you mumbled to yourself as you turned up the drive way to your friend Joey's house. You walked straight in the back door as you always did. Joey was in the back room with Max smoking a joint. You squeezed in between them on the couch and gratefully accepted the joint from Max.
"Hey to you too" Joey laughed. You roll your eyes at him and take a long drag of the joint. You feel the smoke warming your lungs and exhale in satisfaction.
"It is so cold out there" you announce, passing the joint to Joey. You lay back and rest your head on Max's shoulder. He puts his arm around you affectionately.
"I gotta go and meet Travis soon" Max sighed.
"You guys coming to hang?" I asked looking up at him. You notice Max looking past you towards Joey.
"No not tonight" Max answers, turning his attention back to you. You give him a small smile and hug him as he gets up to leave.
"Brace yourself for the cold" you warn him.
"Thanks, see you guys later" Max says and shuts the door with a loud bang.
You feel Joey get up beside you and watch him walk to the corner of the room and grab a bong out of the cupboard.
"Wanna hit?" he asks with a big smile.
You nod without hesitation and take the packed bowl from your best friend. You take a lighter from your pocket and take a hit from the bong and immediately cough. You pass it to Joey and watch him carefully. He does it so easily and without coughing. He blows the smoke right in your face and you laugh and shove him playfully. He pulls you on top of him and gives you a bear hug. In your intoxicated state everything feels good. Especially the warmth from Joey's body. You relax and take in his smell. You never realised how good he smelled before.
You jump when you hear a knock and Joey's front door. He grumbles as he lifts you off him and disappears down the hallway out of sight. Probably just as well. Joey is your best friend and you don't want anything to ruin that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter just to kick things off