Written in the Stars

Blue Moon Academy isn't the typical college campus, not by a long stretch. BMA is very selective in accepting students, and enrolled students are here for a reason. To qualify for enrollment, one must possess a certain quality. There is no in-between; no "Well, they're sort of..." or "Their father was... So can you make an exception?". It's black and white. You're either in or you're out.

There are two kinds of people in this world:
1) Active
2) Inactive

To be Active means that the elemental powers given to a person by their particular astrological sign are present and able to be harnessed. At the age of eighteen, it is determined whether or not you are Active through a series of tests. If so, off to Blue Moon Academy you go! If not, your memory of these tests are erased, and you continue on with your normal, Inactive life, with no knowledge of the Astrologically Active Society existing.

Once accepted, your first step into the new world is Initiation (BMA's form of Orientation). You meet other first year students, hear a little bit of the Academy's history, and are assigned to your dorm. Blue Moon separates their dorm buildings into the four elements. You will be rooming with others of your element.

Bailey, Astrid, and Shawn began as childhood friends, attending the same elementary and high schools. After discovering their Activeness, they now begin their new lives at Blue Moon Academy as eager first year students.