In Memory

just a reminder

You’re kind of an asshole. I’m sure you’re well aware of the fact, but I thought I’d just say it now in the off chance that you’ve forgotten.

I really hate you right now. Everyone thinks it’s temporary - this intense detestment I have toward you. It’s not. I promise that I will never forgive you.

And its the anger that keeps you at the forefront of my mind, you know? I really despise that fact but I can’t seem to forget your face. I see you every time I close my eyes, every time I find myself making pancakes (because you love my pancakes so goddamn much - about as much as I do) and every time I lay in bed. I know you have the most annoying damn habit of letting people know what’s yours, but was it really necessary to carve your goddamn name in the wall? Right next to my pillow no less?

You always carry around that stupid pocket knife… I’ll admit that I wish I would have used it to sever the ties between us long ago but I was too stupid, too blinded by our love and too intoxicated by the scent of your clothes to actually do it.

Just… Damnit Dom, you promised me the world. You promised!

You said that everything would be fine but you’re not here and nothing is okay!

I hate you for making me love you. I hate you so much!

You promised me that you wouldn’t give up, but you did. And for that, I will always feel resentment toward you.

I hope you’re happy where you are, you asshole, and I hope you know that I’m miserable here without you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a strange thing about writing these letter-like drabbles lately