Status: Do you like it...? ^^"

The Life of Avery Stone

Divided We Fall

So I go to my room and turn the lights off
And try to escape the pain that you caused
Turn the radio up and recite all the words
And try to find someone who knows how it hurts

I leaned against the wall in Hot Topic,staring at my phone every five seconds. Me and Carly had just broken up last night,but of coarse I texted her and said I was sorry. I basically begged her take me back and to stop seeing Alec.

So what happened was that she cheated on me and left me for my best friend. At first I was devastated,but now I was lonely. Two of the most important people in my life betrayed me. It's not like I was in love with Carly. Fuck no,I'm 14! I don't even know what love is! But I did feel betrayed. I really liked her,and she cheated on me.

I sighed. I had only come in here for peace. I always felt soothed by being in Hot Topic. I know what you're thinking,"that place Is loud and crap",but it made me feel like I wasn't alone. The people in there seemed just as sad and depressed as me. And honestly, I didn't wanna go home yet. That's where the screaming and yelling was. Believe me,I can usually handle it,but after this stupid break up,I've been sorta emotionally unstable.

I kept staring at my phone until someone pulled my Raving Rabbids skull beanie over my short brown hair and over my eyes. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

I pulled my beanie back up to see a tall blonde and blue-eyed guy smiling at me. He wore a Blood On The Dance Floor t-shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. He was taller than me by almost a foot,sorta tan,and had a silver stud in his left nostril on his nose "Don't look so down" he said.

I put up my phone in my back pocket "Blood On The Dance Floor?" I asked.

He stared at his shirt and nodded "Yup,you heard of them?" He asked back.

I shook my head "Not really" I said,crossing my arms slowly.

His blue eyes widened,but shrugged in some sorta understanding. He reached out his hand "Hi,I'm Valentine,but you can call me Val" he said.

I didn't really question his name and reached out my hand to meet with his. We slowly shook "Avery" I replied,"Just Avery"

We awkwardly pulled out hands back to our sides,and Valentine smiled at me even more "How old are you?" He asked all nonchalant. I liked that.

I shrugged and said "Fourteen,you?"

"Fifteen" He stated. Well,he did look 15,so I believed him...just the look he gave me seemed like he didn't believe my age. After a bit,he proved his look "You're really 14?" He asked.

I nodded. I got this all the time,so it wasn't a big deal. I was extremely short for my age,and I was fine with it.

Valentine leaned against the wall next to me "Really? But you look like you're ten" he replied.

I sighed "I'm short ok?" I huffed,"I'm a freshman at Kay High school"

Valentine nodded slowly "Sounds legit,Avery" he stated "I don't live around here,so I have no idea what high school you said you attend"

I glanced at him "Where do you live then? You don't seem like you're from,Ever Valley" I said. It was true,he was dressed like it was hot outside,but in actuality it was cold as hell. It's Alaska,why wouldn't be? I was dressed in a jacket,t-shirt,jeans,a scarf,a beanie,and fur boots.

Valentine scratched the back of his neck,looking nervously at me "I'm from Tyler,Texas actually. I'm here visiting my dad. My parents are divorced"

I began to laugh a bit "No wonder you're dressed like that" I replied.

Valentine eyed me "Like what?" He questioned.

I cleared my throat "You're dressed like it's summer,Val! It's never summer here" I exclaimed.

Val rolled his eyes simply and we got engulfed in silence for a bit. I pulled out my phone again,and this time Carly texted me. I didn't even look at it cause began To put my phone back in my back pocket. Val bit his lip "Wanna trade numbers?" He asked.

I shrugged "Why not? You're not a killer are you?" I asked,raising an eye brow at him,joking obviously.

Valentine gaped at me and gave me the "what-the-hell?!" look. I rolled my eyes "I was joking,Val" I added,handing him my phone to put in his contact info.

Sure,I didn't know him,but he seemed cool. I didn't really mind. He would only text and call. Not like he would actually see me. My life was completely shitty at the moment,but maybe a sorta pen pal could make me feel better? I dunno why I wanted his number,but at the same time I did. For some crazy,insane reason I was sorta attracted to him. He looked cool and sexy.

At the time I didn't know I was gay,so this weirded me out that I had these crazy thoughts about how he looked. Plus the name Valentine seemed amazing and stunning. I really liked him.

Valentine smiled,and he traded phones with me. I slowly put in my number and email and handed it back to him. Valentine handed it back to me "FYI I made my ringtone a BOTDF song" He stated.

I blinked wildly at him "Who?" I asked.

Valentine sighed "Blood On The Dance Floor--Botdf"

I nodded "oh" I replied.

I felt less lonely now. For some reason,Valentine made me feel...warm inside. I instantly forgot about Carly and Alec when my phone went off. It was Alec,but I ignored it.

"Your boyfriend?" Val asked.

I scoffed "Hell no. Sorry to break it to you,but I'm straight" I stated."No,it's my friend" I added.

Valentine nodded "Oh okay" he whispered.

Within that second,a loud voice through the speaker said, "The mall is now closing in five minutes"

I groaned,and I stood up straight.

"I'll text you,Avery" Valentine stated.

I smiled "okay"

~***¥¥¥£¥¥***~

That night I went home and looked up Blood On The Dance Floor. While listening to La Patite Morte, I got my first text from Valentine. It said,"Hey,Avery,guess what? I'm moving in with my dad. I'll be attending KHS now :D"

I felt better now as I sorta danced to the song playing,texting,"Yay! I'll see you soon then",back to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes,Avery will get depressed soon in the next chapter. Enjoy

*****Song & lyrics go to BOTDF