Status: Do you like it...? ^^"

The Life of Avery Stone

If Today Was Your Last Day

My best friend gave me the best of life
He said,"Each day's a gift and not a giving right"

Walking in the halls at school felt off and different, but it was good. I felt like I could walk around safely...maybe it was due to that I was walking with Val. Val began to give all the guys we passed glares and a sneer. It was weird to see Val like this, but I ignored it. Val's blond hair was slowly growing out and covered his sky blue eyes a bit. I know...that's random at this moment, but I can't help it! He looks so hot!

I chewed my lip furiously and tried to push those thoughts out of my head. Val was straight and that was that. I slowly fell into a pit. Figuratively, not literally. I felt a rush of depression wash over me. I shuttered a bit and I felt my stomach flip.

We made it to my locker and I sighed "I'm fine, Val" I stated.

He didn't seem to believe me that well and he shook his head. I guess I tried.

Going to class, I see Alec. He's sitting in a desk with his back pack saving the seat next to him. I barely recognize him though. He looks miserable and depressed. Alec's fashion sense also took me aback. He was dressed like me. All in black with eyeliner. I felt weirded out. Alec always said black was a bad color and my style made me stand out. He was a pretty normal guy. Till now anyway.

As soon as I walk in, Alec saw me. He raised his arm up and waved at me "Av, over here" he called. I did as he said and he picked his backpack out of the seat so I can sit down.

Alec sighed after I sat down "I'm sorry for how I reacted Avery. I just needed to think." He started "but you're my best friend, so I don't care that you're gay"

I smile at him "It's all fine...thanks for...ya know...telling Val" I replied.

Alec's eyes widened "Oh! If you didn't want him to know-"

"No, it's fine. Things worked out" I interrupted him.

A loud bell rang and the class went silent. The teacher began his usual lecture and I pulled out my note book. I began to sketch out some hills. I felt artsy today. I haven't felt like this since...I dunno before Carly. I felt...happy.