Status: Hope you enjoy!...And comment!....

The Uncertain Journey to Space

Chapter 1

Jide stood at the doorway, his right hand on the wall and his other hand at akimbo. He was trying to convince Tobi that the mission would be unsuccessful.

The next mission of the N.O.V.A. ( Nigerian Overall Vision of Astronauts) was to find another universe parallel to our universe and galaxy and perhaps, a future universe.

'' It's not possible'', argued Jide hotly ,''simple physics lets us know that there cannot be two versions of the same object at the same time''.

'' Come on, Jide, don't talk like that. Everyone thought that teleportation was impossible until Hilario Inc. Invented the teleporting machine. Don't be so shallow minded; anything can happen, you know'', Tobi replied, clacking away on his computer keyboard.

They argued and argued and Tobi was just about to give up on the debate when the door to the simulation room swung open and a dark, bulky man emerged.
This is Captain Nnamdi Okoro. He was a dark and beefy man with hardly any neck. He had a lot of muscle and he was the sort of man who you wouldn't want to get into a fight with.

Locking the simulation room's door, Captain O, for that was his nickname, looked around the control room and then at Jide and Tobi and asked:
'' What is going on here?''

The startled astronauts started explaining that they were 'just' discussing about the upcoming mission to space. Then Jide expressed his doubts and speculations regarding the mission ahead.

'' Well,let's wait till then'' Captain Nnamdi spoke, glancing at his watch, '' speaking of which, we should be going now.''