Status: Hope you enjoy!...And comment!....

The Uncertain Journey to Space

Chapter 3

"Hello? Hello? Jide are you there?"

Jide had drifted off to the world of imagination and therefore didn't notice when Capt. Uchenna concluded his very long speech. He suddenly came to his senses and was a little embarrassed to see Uzor, a colony astronaut, staring at him, with a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm okay, Uzor", Jide started," I was just deep in thought--"

"Then you better stop because its time for you and your team to board the N.O.V.A Aurojet." Uzor replied him in a 'matter-of-fact' kind of tone .

"Oh yeah, bye, Uzor", Jide said, starting to move toward Capt. Okoro and Tobi who were both waiting for him under the Electro-sucker of the Aurojet, rather annoyed at the delay which he almost always caused them.

As they were sucked up the Aurojet, there was a burst of applause from all the astronauts and inter-galactic staff below... Applause of farewell and uncertainty....

*** *** ***

"Now to work, the both of you!" Captain O. said, when the trio was on board the Aurojet, "Jide, you activate the auto-projectile mode and Tobi, you go and check if all the connections are true."

"YES, SIR", the astronauts answered rather weakly.

Tobi didn't argue; neither did Jide crack any joke. They were unusually, but then unsurprisingly, serious. Captain Okoro could feel their doubts, their fear, their anxeity...
There was no 'stop' button to push to stop the simulation for this was no simulation... This was the REAL DEAL.