Status: Hope you enjoy!...And comment!....

The Uncertain Journey to Space

Chapter 4

"I see something!"

Tobi was on duty and was therefore on M.A.M( Manual Auto-pilot Monitoring) of the Aurojet. Two, rather short, days had passed and there had been no news or fresh discovery. The day before, Jide, who had returned to his usually cheerful mood, had been on duty and was telling some stories which his grandmother had told him when he was little. Captain Okoro was obviously not interested. Neither was Tobi, who had been chatting with his girlfriend, Nkiruka, and was also not listening. Captain Okoro had warned him to minimize the time he spent on his mobile P.C. But Tobi simply wouldn't listen. Captain Okoro was almost frustated.

"I see something- something black!", Tobi asserted, presently.

"What is that?" asked Captain Okoro, rushing up from his fluffy couch in the resting room and walking straight to the cabin where Tobi was, obviously anticipating something big.

"I think I see a blackhole!", Tobi said, an iota of certainty in his voice. "there it is!"

And there it was. A whirly-shaped mass of nothing but ink-blackness, against the star filled vaccum that was space.
Captain O. took over from Tobi, turned off the auto-pilot mode, and started moving the Aurojet towards the black hole...