Together at Last

1842

*Kendra Schmidt POV*

(In 1842)

I was just coming from Katherine's house, when i saw Stefan and Damon Salvatore's Father along with an angry mob. I was shocked by what i saw. They had their torches and their guns ready for an attack. I Saw Stefan and Damon right by their father's side not appreciation what their father was doing. I could tell they wanted to stay out of it. Stefan caught my stare and decided to head my way trying not to be seen.

"Hey, Stefan, What's going on here?" I asked in confusion.

"Apparently, my father found out about your family and now he wants to burn you guys alive."

What? How could they know I'm a witch and so is my father. My mother is the only one who isn't a witch, she's the only mortal in the family. Not even she knows about me and my dad and now i'm guessing she now knows.

"How did he found out?"

"He saw your father mumble some words words he didn't understand, and now he assumes all of you are witches. I recommend you hide."

We both faced back to the mob without saying a word. "Come out, we know what you are Schmidt family!" His father raised his torch.

"Witch. Witch. Witch!" The mob angrily chanted all together.

"Fire!" Stefan's father demanded.

The mob grew louder and started charging. They started throwing their flaming torches and rocks at my house. They broke windows and started setting it on fire.

"NO!! MOM, DAD!!" i cried out. I was out to go straight to my house when Stefan grabbed hold on to me. "Let me go, i have to go there, i have to go get my parents." Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Don't, it's too risky." He said.

I stared at the town destroying my house and murdering my parents. The fire grew so rapidly, i doubt my parents were still alive. "I'm so sorry." Stefan gave me a hug of comfort as more tears streamed out of my eyes.

"What should i do now? My parents are dead and everything's gone." I wept.

"Run, i recommend you run and hide, your not safe here, if they see you then they'll kill you, now go before anyone sees you." He quickly said knowing it won't be long before they see i'm still alive.

I did what Stefan told me to do. I ran i ran as fast as i could and as far as i could. I headed towards the wood and derided to take a breath and relax for a while. I looked up at the night sky and gazed at the stars and the moonlight. Tonight was a full moon and the moon glowed beautifully. I sat down under a tree and my tears came back.

I had no family, no home, nobody to be with right now, i wish Elijah was here with me, he's the only one who could make me feel better, He's my best friend who's in love with Katherine who's dating both Salvatore brothers without Stefan even knowing. I'm sad to say that my good friend Katherine is a very seductive/ attractive whore. All she does is play with the hearts of men.

As i continued grieving my parent's death, i started to hear noises coming from behind the bushes. "Wh- Who goes there?" i fearfully said as i wiped my tear off my face. There was no response, instead i heard the same noise again. "Hello?" I called out then saw a shadow passing by. "Anyone there?" I started to sound scared then saw a wolf jump out from behind the bush.

He stood in front of me ready to charge. It grinned it's teeth as it started growling. I saw it about to charge when i tried using my powers to stop him but no matter how much i tried, i somehow couldn't. My powers weren’t working. My eyes widened as i gasped with fear and decided to run. No matter how much I tried running away, i looked back and saw it catching up to me. It was no use, i couldn't out run a werewolf.

The werewolf finally caught up to me and tackled me down to the floor. He started sinking it's teeth into my skin as i screamed out loud with pain and horror. I started feeling unconscious and my vision started to blur as i saw a blur figure getting to wolf off of me and started fighting it. Before i remembered anything else, i slowly closed my eyes and blacked out.