Together at Last

Arriving Back to Mystic Falls (Present Day)

Well here I am I’m back in Mystic falls. I haven’t been here since 1842. Not once did I come back here throughout the centuries. Surely I did miss this place and all but… I couldn’t bear coming back here, what the Salvatore’s father did to my family. I hated their father I hated him so much, if I had to be a blood sucking massacre I would have. The only thing that stopped me from doing so, were the Salvatore brothers, Emily, and Katherine.

I walked in to a place called Mystic Grill I just saw as I walked down the street. I got in and found Damon, Stefan and Katherine sitting at a table. I smile putting on a huge happy grin on my face.

“Be right back.” I heard Katherine say as she got up and headed towards the restroom.

“Damon and Stefan Salvatore, haven seen you guys in a while.” I arched a brow and put my hands on my hips as I join in at the table with them.

“Hello Kendra.” Damon gave me smirk and took a sip of his wine.

“Hey Ken, how you been after all these years?” Stefan smiled.

“A little rough at first but other than that, I’ve been great and done some traveling. How about you guys? Seems your still with Katherine?” I smiled at him.

Before Stefan could answer my question, I saw Katherine heading back here. As she got closer and closer, I could start smelling her sent. She smelled human, it’s not her. But how could it be? Katherine was the last bloodline from her family.

“Hey, I’m Elena are you Stefan and Damon’s friend?” She smiled as she shook my hand.

“Yes, I’m Kendra.” I said as I stared at her with my jaws dropped still wondering how on earth did she end up looking exactly like Katherine. “I… I gotta go. It was really nice seeing you boys again.” I turned at the guys.

“Bye.” They all said at the same time.

I walked out of the grill and continued wondering around the town and comparing the town in my head on how it used to look like.Then I headed to the spot where my house used to be before it got burned, now it’s somebody’s home. I have no idea when did they decided to rebuilt my house. If I was still a witch back then, I would have snuck back to where my house was burned and see if I could’ve communicated with my parent’s spirits, but it’s not possible for me now, now I’m just a vampire and I’m used to it.

I held back my tears and decided to not even think about it and just keep walking. Then I decided to run full speed and see where I end up at. Whenever I get upset over what happened to my parents and Elijah wasn’t around to comfort me, I used to start running at full vampire speed until I calmed down and it did help.

But I did miss it when Elijah was always there to comfort me. I felt safe in his arms as he smoothly rubbed small circles in my back and softly whispering in my ear that everything was going to be alright. He was the only one who I felt safe with. I just wished that he didn’t have feelings for Katherine and wished he had feelings for me. I swore there were times I thought he had a thing for me, but I guess it was just my imagination. As for Klaus on the other hand, I still hate him so bad, I still wish he was dead, he’s just such an ass. If I knew how to kill him, then I know that Elijah would stop me. And since Klaus is Elijah’s brother, I’d probably decide to let him live, just for him. As much as I hate to admit this, as much as I want to beat his ass and kill him, I’m not.

I stopped ending myself at the cemetery. I looked down and see whose grave I ended up being at, and saw it was my parent’s. I dropped down and let myself cry. This was the first time ever hat I’ve visited my parent’s grave.

“Kendra?” I heard a familiar voice call out to me. I turned back and saw Elijah, he looked more attractive as the last time I saw him.

“Elijah?” I wiped my tears away. My lips stretched into a smile.

“Kendra, you look amazing.” He returned the smile.

“Thanks, you’re not that bad yourself.” I chuckled. I started giving him a hug.

“When did you arrive?” He kept that sweet smile of his on his face.

“Not that long ago. What about you?” I asked him.

“A while I was looking for the doppelganger, or better yet trying to protect her from Klaus.”

“What did Klaus want with this… doppelganger?”

I never really knew what was exactly what Klaus wanted. If I ended up agreeing to do a spell he wanted me to do before Rebecca killed me, maybe I would have known. Then again, whatever he was up to, it’s no good.

“He wanted to sacrifice a witch, a vampire, a werewolf and the doppelganger, but then he never got to because I ended up stopping him.”

“Wait, Elena? The Elena that looks exactly like Katherine?” I asked him sounding confused.

‘Yes you know her?”

“I just met her earlier today at the grill… Why is she still alive if Klaus wanted her dead?”

“Because he realized that he can’t make hybrids without Elena being alive.”

“Figures, finally now that’s the type a person that could piss him off as much as you want and he wouldn’t be able to kill her.” I smiled already starting to like Elena though all I know is that she’s the doppelganger and is friends with Damon and Stefan.

Elijah chuckled. “True but you know Klaus, you piss him off he’ll kill you and if he can’t kill you, he’ll hurt the ones close to you and around you.”

“True.” My smile started fading away remembering the only reason my parents are dead is because of Klaus.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean too…” He walked closer to me and took me into his arms. “It’s okay, everything okay, I’m so sorry.” He whispered and started rubbing my back in small circles.

I was okay, I really was. I wasn’t thinking on crying at all. But I’m not planning on telling him that, I’m enjoying being in his arms and comfort me just like the good old days. I’ve missed this so much, no matter what, this always made me feel safe.