Together at Last

Getting Ditched

(1842)

“Bet you can’t catch me.” I smiled at Elijah as we were near the woods.

“Wanna bet I can?” He shot me a smile right back.

We started running through the woods beating Elijah. I turned back and saw he just disappeared from me. One minute he was there and the next he was gone. I came to a sudden stop wondering where he was.

What in the world??? Where has he gone? “Elijah?” I called out his name I walked a few steps ahead and slowly inspected around me to see if I could find him, but there was no sign of him anywhere at all. It was as if he was completely gone. “Elijah?” I called out to him, but still there was not a single sight of him.

“Looking for me?” I heard that familiar voice. I turned around and saw Elijah with a big smile on his face.

“Elijah, my god, you scared me to death.” I gasped.

I started backing up a little then tripped on a rock, causing me to fall into a bush. I saw myself burning and began to cry out in pain as I felt the flowers burn into my skin. I must have fallen on vervain. “Kendra!” Elijah, quickly picked me up and carried me bridal style. ”Are you okay?” He softly said.

I saw my skin going back to normal in a matter of seconds and started feeling normal again. “I’m Fine, tanks.” I gazed into his eyes for a long second but then decided to quickly snap out of it.

“Good.” He smirked. “You almost scared me right there.”

“That makes the two of us.” I slightly smiled.

As we arrived back to the house, we found Klaus and Rebekah feeding on a human. Klaus had the girl while Rebekah had the boy, their victims. I could smell the blood sinking deep into my lungs, making me crave for some. I walked towards the innocent boy who was probably compelled and started to feed on him.

I feel so guilty every single time I feed on an innocent human. I feel like a monster, sucking the life of the innocent. It felt so wrong but I it tastes so right. I can’t help myself when it comes to blood, I’m a bloodaholic.

Klaus pulled back from the human. “Want some, brother?” He wiped the blood off his mouth with his hands.

“I’m not hungry.” Elijah shook his head.

“Come on Elijah, I know you want to.” Klaus insisted.

“I’m not hungry.” He repeated himself then headed upstairs.

As I saw him walking away, I stopped feeding on the boy and wiped the blood off my face. I headed upstairs and decided to take a nice warm bath. When I was done I put on my night gown and went to bed and began having a nightmare about my parents.

*Elijah’s POV*

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing somebody moping. I got off my bed and started heading to Kendra’s room seeing her tossing around and crying in her sleep. I walked towards her and lay down next to her. I looked down at her and smoothly pet her nice blonde hair then I got inside her head.

“Mom. Dad! No don’t leave me!” She cried out as she saw her parents about to set themselves on fire and ignoring their daughter.

I thought of something quick to do and decided to make the fire torched they had in their hands disappear completely. I made her parents seem sane in the dream and made them not kill each other.

“Mom, Dad!” Kendra sighed in relief.

She ran towards her parents and gave them a hug. It was quite touching. I know exactly how it feels to lose a parent and I don’t want her to feel the double of what I felt when I lost my mother. Seeming my job here was done, I took a quick look at the dream fantasy I created and decided it’s time to go before she catches me. So I got out her head.

I softly smiled as I saw her resting peacefully on her bed. She was no longer moving a lot, crying, sweating or anything. She seemed peaceful like an angel. I immediately snapped out of it then decided to go back to bed.

*Kendra’s POV*

I just woke up from a nightmare that turned into… well the opposite of it. My mom and dad were about to set themselves on fire when they suddenly changed their minds, it was weird. Then again I always have these kinds of dreams. Whenever something bad is about to happen to them all of a sudden everything’s okay.

I started to hear noises as if somebody broke in the house. I heard foots steps walking. I felt my heart beat fast, feeling afraid as if it was some sort of robber. I got off the bed and carefully tippy towed my way downstairs. I found a man who I’ve never seen in my life snooping around. He didn’t seem to be stealing anything, just snooping around. I took a few more steps down, when there was a sudden creak. I quickly took a foot back hoping the man doesn’t turn.

The man turned around and caught me. He took a few steps towards me and looked at me weird. “Where are they?” He finally spoke.

“Who are you?” I tried to stay calm.

“I’m Mikeal the vampire hunter.”

Now I was really scared. He’s a vampire hunter who’s also probably out to get me… wait a minute. Is he the Mikeal as in… the Mikealson’s father? Elijah told me about him, he said that he’s also an original but at the same time the vampire hunter.

Crap, what should I do?

“You seemed quiet, tell me where are they and I won’t kill you.” He threatened me.

“I.. I don’t know.” I lied.

“Tell me, where are they.” He repeated himself again and saw his hand grab on to my heart.

“Stop lying, just tell me if they’re here or not.” I felt him squeeze my heart tighter and started to twist it slowly causing me to cry out in pain.

No matter what, I’m not going to tell him whether they’re here or not, I’d rather die. I don’t want him to kill Elijah. I don’t care much for Klaus since he does deserves it, but since he’s luckily he’s Elijah’s brother and since Rebekah and Elijah are so close to one another, it would hurt Elijah a lot to see his siblings slaughtered to death, so I guess I kind of want Klaus alive too, for Elijah’s sake.

“Still not talking? Very well then, your life.” Just as he was about the rip out my heart completely, Elijah came out of nowhere and staked him. I fell to the ground with a hand over my heart, the same spot I’m bleeding on.

Klaus and Rebekah quickly ran down stairs and found their father lying dead in the middle of the living room floor. “Father?” The both of them gasped.

“Yeah, I’m okay, don’t mind me.” I said sarcastically as I was now healed.

“Hide father, quick.” Klaus instructed.

The four of us went down stairs in the basement and put Mikeal in a coffin and closed it. We all took some rest for the rest of the night. I woke up some time in the morning and headed downstairs, but I didn’t see anybody. I quickly headed back upstairs to peek in Elijah’s room thinking he was going to be there, but he wasn’t he was gone. I checked Klaus’s room and Rebekah’s as well and they weren’t in their rooms either. I looked everywhere else in the house but yet there was no luck finding them.

They must be out to Katherine’s house or something. I’ll just wait for them right here and see when will they come. They can’t be out that long, right?

I waited and waited for them until it was dusk. None of them came home, it was weird. I decided to head downstairs in the basement just to check up on Mikeal’s coffin, but I saw it flung wide open and no one was there, he was gone.

But how could this be? I though he was dead. Mikeal’s on the loose and who knows where he might be. What if he finally was able to kill Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah? No, no, no. they’re all I have, I can’t live of all eternity without them, I need them I need Elijah.

“Where are they?” I saw Mikeal comming out of nowhere.

“Why, why would you kill your own kids, why?” Tears came streaming down my cheeks.

“Because, I regret what I’ve done to them, it’s so unnatural, I created monsters and that’s why I want to kill them.” He explained. “Most importantly, I want that hybrid bastard dead.” He referred to Klaus.

“Wait what? I thought you did, since I don’t see them anywhere.” I got confused.

“Well it appears they left you. They realized I was gone and fled to who knows where. Wherever they are, I’ll go hunt them down and I will not rest until I find them.” He said with hatred and left.

They ditched me? I can’t believe they ditched me. I understand Klaus and Rebekah would but Elijah? Why would he do such a thing to me? Knowing Klaus it was probably his idea and made him do what he did, which is ditching me.

Now the only problem is how am I going to face the world without them? I still haven’t completely control my urges. I need Elijah and I want him so bad. I’m going to miss him, and now it seems I’m going to travel around the world a lone. I can’t stay here any longer, I must go and see what my future awaits.