Airplanes

Excessive Confusion

I took a nap before we headed to the rehearsal dinner. I was wearing a chevron print dress with heels, my hair was down and even though it was too hot to be wearing make up I knew I would be chastised if I didn’t. “Em, take the Infiniti, I need to go pick up some bouquet flower thing for Meg, I’ll meet you there.” He threw me the keys and told me there was a GPS for a reason and to use it.

I dialed my best friend Jade, who lived in Chicago on the way there. “Hello my little southern belle.” I smiled at her. We had met when I lived in Michigan and she became nothing short of a sister to me.

“Hey, so I slept with Matty’s teammate.”

“YOU BROKE THE GOLDEN RULE?” She almost yelled into the phone. She was in just as much shock as I was. I explained the entire story to her as I heard her google Jeff’s name. A few ‘Jesus Christ he’s hot’ and ‘No fucking ways’ I finished the story that was Jeff and Emily.

I paused for her.

“Marry the poor bastard. He likes you. Only God knows why, Jesus Christ” I laughed at her. She wanted to me settle down since she had moved in with her boyfriend a little less than six months ago. I parked near the church as I saw Jeff and Dustin Penner talking.

“I have to go, love you.” She loved me too and I hung up the phone as I saw him smile. Dustin started smiling too as he twirled me around. “How is my favorite little shit head?” I said kissing his cheek. “Are the papers final?” I poked fun at his halfway to evil hopefully now ex-wife.

“Signed them three days ago, now I can take you and make you mine forever.” He joked as I smiled at Jeff, and hugged him. He left his arm around me. It was comfortable.

“Shit, I get traded across town and you’ve already moved on Emmy?” I laughed at him.

“Oh, no he’s some guy I met on my flight out here.” He started to laugh at the nonchalant comment, “And he’s just a cover for when I can finally be with you Pen.” I winked at him.

“Am I missing something here?” He asked looking at the both of us.

“Jessica always thought I was fucking her because we were so close mind you, she doesn’t come here enough for anyone on the team to be doing her, so we just went with it… Well, until she realizes I’m perfect for her and she is with me.” I laughed at him. It was strange how close he was holding me.

I left from those people and headed over to my parents who looked as happy as ever to see me.

“Hey Mom, Dad!” I said as I gave them each a hug.

“You’re looking great, New Orleans seems to be doing you well, eh?” My mother said giving me a kiss on the cheek. What the literal fuck, not two years ago on Matt’s day with the cup were they forceful with the fact I should move away from the city of sin and now they were okay and New Orleans looked good on me.

“I love it down there.” I answered back.

“But we do miss you in Michigan, you know you’re always welcome sweetie.” My dad said. Maybe it was my brother’s wedding that put them in a good mood.

Twenty minutes later we were almost done with the rehearsal, when the overly gay wedding planner needed to show Matt and Meg what they were doing wrong. He pointed at me to go stand up at the altar and grabbed one of the groomsman to do Matthew’s part.

Oh, how my luck would have it he pulled Jeff over to hold my hands in front of half of my brother’s team and family members. I wanted to puke. Mike and Dustin catcalled us which garnered dirty looks from Matt. As soon as it was over I stopped and pulled away.

The rehearsal dinner was close by and between meeting family members that I didn’t know existed and drinking too much, followed by not eating enough we headed to a bar, I was seated on Dustin’s lap and trying to avoid Jeff’s gaze. If I had been home in New Orleans our one night fucking would have most likely made him a tourist never to be seen again.

“He likes you E.” Dustin said to me, trying not to make it look anymore obviously to the fact that I didn’t want him to like me. I didn’t need a man 1,800 miles away from me, with a life that I wasn’t okay with living. I got off his lap and I didn’t really care if anyone saw me leave to go to the bar. I knew I had way too much to drink, and that wasn’t something I normally did.

I saw Alec, his girlfriend Shelby, and Jeff all talking and laughing when I finally made eye contact with the man that my skin reeked of. I never wanted to let him go.

“Emily Greene, you’re plastered.” He stated smiling. He was rubbing my face like he was going to lean in for a kiss.

“I am, and you’re not drunk enough.” He laughed loudly at the slurred comments coming out of my mouth. The bartender handed me the two shots I had ordered and I downed the first. “Stay with me tonight.” I said, letting the alcohol speak for me.

He was all over me, hands grazing my body while our tongues wrestled in our mouths. I could feel his member getting harder against my ass while I grinded into him. My brother and anyone that knew my brother’s rules had left. When we got back to his condo my feet never touched the ground, he and I made out, me sucking on his collarbone while he walked up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
props to whoever reads this. I like y'all. y'all are pretty and i want to be your friend.