The Angel's Game

Chapter 10

Beep. Beep. I woke up to my phone alarm going off. Today was Saturday and Vic and I decided to go hang out today. I’m not a very social person, so Vic said just going out will help me. Even though I really don’t want to go, at least Vic will be there too.
“Morning.” Vic groaned, as he stretched behind me. I rolled over to face him.
“Morning.” I smiled softly.
“Time to get up, yo,” Vic laughed groggily. He crawled out of bed and sauntered over to the dresser. I watched. I love watching him get dressed every morning. Shuffling through his shirts, he picked a white Vans shirt with a little pocket on his chest. I gazed at him as he hopped around, trying to get into his skinny jeans as he swore under his breath. I talked myself into getting out of bed. It was so cold in my house, it always was. Being half naked was even worse. I went over to the dresser as well and put on an Anthem Made shirt and hoodie, along with tan skinny jeans and black Toms.
“Looking great, as always.” Vic wrapped his arms around me from behind. I smiled at the warmth of his breath on my neck and leaned back to kiss him. He smiled. He let go of me. I grabbed my keys off the dresser and headed out of my room towards the front door.
“Ahh,” Vic stopped me. “Not ‘til you eat.” I groaned and pouted.
“Ughhhhhhhh,” I fell to the floor, throwing a fit. Vic laughed and picked me up. I dragged my body to kitchen and grabbed a whole box of cereal and started towards the door.
“Where the fuck do you think you’re going?” I heard the devil’s voice behind me.
“Out.” I answered, not turning back.
“Stop. You’re not going anywhere. You’re cleaning this house while I go out.” My mom growled. I looked to Vic. He gave me a sympathetic smile and nod, saying its fine, but I know it isn’t.
“No.” I grabbed the door knob to turn it, but was spun around by my mom. Right when I was about to open my mouth to bitch at her, I gasped at the impact of her fist against my face. My head was thrown back against the door, making me light headed. “Fuck you!” I struggled to regain my balance while searching for the door knob with my hands. I grabbed it and flung it open, marching towards my car. Vic walked through my mom and followed.
“Get back here, I’m not done with you!”
“Like I give a shit,” I yelled back, jumping in the car. Vic climbed over me to his seat. I quickly put my key in the ignition as my mom ran towards me. I drove off recklessly, the tires making a screeching noise. I heard her cursing fade away as we drove off.
“Are you okay?” Vic asked. He took my head in his hands and tilted it towards him, looking at the bump growing from hitting the door.
“Vic, I’m driving,” I said in a lifeless voice. I’m so incredibly embarrassed beyond words. I never wanted Vic to see that. I knew he knows it happens, but to witness it is different. I turned the corner and pulled over to the alley. I pulled over and got out. I heard Vic shut his door behind me.
“Kellin, where are you going?” I heard him trying to catch up. I walked further until the darkness consumed me and I couldn’t be seen. Vic spun me around. I flinched and whimpered out of instinct. I waited a minute then looked up. Vic had tears in his eyes. “Can I hug you?” his voice shook. I knew he knew he accidently startled me. I nodded as I started to sob.
“I’m s-sorry.” I cried in his chest. I pulled at his collar as the crisp morning air made my face colder from the wet tears. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. We hugged and cried in silence for about twenty more minutes. I finally pulled apart. I turned around and leaned against the brick wall, resting my forehead on the rough surface. How has Vic been here for me for so long? I’m just a complete mess and he still cares for me. My feelings for this boy have only grown since he’s popped into my life. All of these overwhelming feelings of compassion built a warmth in my stomach. “I love you.” I started to sob again. I covered my face.
“I love you too, Kellin.” I heard from behind me. I turned to hug him but was only disappointed to see he was gone again.

---

I had spent all day in the alley waiting for him to come back from where ever he went. My heart ached along with everything else in my body. Even though I heard him say he loved me back, I still felt like there was unfinished business. I know he went back to the 2nd dimension, but I have no clue why and why so long. The rest of the week was horrible. He never came back. I spent most of my days in the alley, smoking. Partly hiding, partly hoping he’d return back here. My nights consisted of crying obscenely. Objects were thrown, blood was drawn, and tears were shed. Negative thoughts clouded my perspective and judgment. My rational mind has completely vanished as emotional took over permanently. I’d eventually give up on myself and rock myself to sleep in the door of my room behind my door. I didn’t know what to do with myself.
Night 8 was different. I was tired of crying. Exhausted. Fed up. This wasn’t going to solve anything. But I knew what would. If I couldn’t live with Vic, I don’t want to live at all. Even though I’ll just be an error, maybe I’ll see Vic. I know he’s there. I just don’t know why. I need to see him.
I trudged down the small hall to the bathroom. I watched into the bathroom to be greeted by my disgusting reflection. I snarled at it and reached into the medicine cabinet. I examined each bottle through wet eyes. I sobbed and panted lightly, recovering from crying hysterically. My short patience cut me off and I just grabbed a bottle. I dumped the colorful pills into my palm. I rolled them around a bit, getting ready. I finally threw my hand up to my mouth and swallowed big. I bent over and drank from the sink, wiping my mouth. I looked up at myself. I stared back. I smiled. Now I can see Vic, I thought. I went back to my room and laid in my bed. I closed my eyes and wrapped my blankets around me. I cleared my mind. Of Vic, of my feelings, of everything. I finally felt peaceful.

“Kellin Quinn.” A loud voice shouted. I jumped up. My eyes flew open and my breath was stuck. I looked around. I was still in my room. Alive. I’m so pissed. I just want to die. Why didn’t it work? I shed a quick tear of frustration. “Kellin.” I heard again. I gasped and looked to my door. My living room. I hesitated and caught my breath before crawling out of bed and reaching for the knob. I swallowed hard, and opened it. There, downstairs, stood a man. He had dark hair and incredibly lanky and tall. He had a lip piercing to match his piercing eyes. He wore no shirt and tight, black leather pants. My heart skipped a beat to see who he had next to him. There was Vic, his hands and feet chained together and a scarf over his mouth. His face was sympathetic and embarrassed. “So, you love your angel, do you?”