The Angel's Game

Chapter 13

I stood there in silence. All eyes were on me.

"Mr. Quinn, office. Now." Mr. Douchehead pointed towards the door.

"Kellin, what the fuck?" Jenna whispered. My eyes just darted to Vic in my confusion. He was frowning. He shook his head and directed his attention to the front of the class again. I tried to hold back the tears from my eyes as I stormed out the door.

I chatted up the principal, who already finds me so "charming", and started to walk towards the front of school. I'm going home. Fuck this shit. I heard running foot steps behind me. I knew it was Vic, since we can't be separate for too long, or else the energy between us gets stretched and starts to hurt him.

"What the fuck, Dude?" Dude? Now I'm just his "Dude".

"What?" I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, not caring that we were still in the school building. Vic immediately grabbed it from between my fingers and stomped on it all pissy like.

"Ugh, Whatever." I turned my back and continued towards the front of the building. I shoved my hands in my pockets as he shouted after me. He caught up and spun me around.

"What is your deal?" He shouted. I lost my cool.

"What's YOUR deal? Who was that kid, your old butt buddy? Your just gonna forget me just like that?" Tears filled my eyes and my voice was getting louder. "I thought we had something, but I guess I'm wrong." I stormed away, my vision blurred from fury and tears.

"Kellin stop!" I heard Vic behind me. I just kept running. I didn't wanna stop. I just wanted to run until all of this went away. I was about to reach the door when I bumped into someone and fell down.

"Careful." I wiped my tears to see Mike standing over me. I immediately shuffled to my feet and backed against a locker behind me.

Vic caught up to us and his eyes fell on his brother. Panting lightly, he charged toward Mike.

"You.." he growled as he threw a punch. I gasped. I wasn't sure what to do. Mike caught his fist and pushed Vic to the ground like nothing. Just as Vic got up, Mike kicked him in the crouch.

"Nghhh!! " Vic screamed, grabbing his nads.

"You. I need you." Mike pointed to me. My heart started to race. I felt myself sweating. The feeling fled to me. "Come on." His grin became gentler. That really scared me. I tried to turn around and run for it, but was stopped when my stomach couldn't take anymore and I puked on the school's tile floor. I fell to my knees, emptying my stomach.

"Aw, excited to see me?" Mike grabbed my shoulder and I heard his Low chuckle. I panted and wiped my mouth, already feeling exhausted. I staggered to my feet. I looked over to Vic who was still recovering. While I wasn't looking, Mike grabbed my wrist and we were gone.