The Angel's Game

Chapter 16

I leaned against my door. Through the walls, I could hear Vic drop to his knees against our hollow floor. I couldn't shove the image of his balling in his hands on the floor out of my head. A tear ran down my face. This is so stupid. Why do I have to deal with this? My eyes scanned the room for something to distract me. My psych pills. I didn't take them today.

Right now, I'm on prozac and Wellbutrin. I really didn't want to take them, though. I don't deserve, or really want to be happy right now. I deserve to be punished for what I did to Vic. I now managed to push him into someone else's arms.

I walked to my dresser. I poured each pill into It's cap. I stared at them. I couldn't get myself to take them. I don't deserve to be Okay. I wish Vic had never entered my life. I wish I could have been miserable without the heart break. More tears fell. The pain hurt so much..worse than ever trying to kill myself or being hit by my mother. All she's been doing lately is staying at her new boyfriends house.

I lost my cool and threw myself onto my bed. I screamed into my pillow. "UGHH THIS IS SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT." I cried; for a while. I cried on my bed. I cried upside down. I cried on the floor. I cried in the closet. I didn't know what to do with myself. After an hour or two, crying got extremely tiring. I had eventually fallen asleep.

---

"Kellin, wake up." It was Jesse. As I came to my senses, I felt his hand on my back. I opened my eyes to find myself sprawled across the floor. "Oh, thank go's you're ok- Wait happened to your eyes?" he asked. I didn't know how to respond.

"Just a bit stressed is all." I sighed as I sat up. "Is Vic out there?"

Jesse looked at me. "Huh? Oh, no. I didn't see him. Why, was he here?"

"No. I was just wondering." he must have made it so Jesse couldn't see him.

"Oh Okay. Well sorry I just let myself in, but you haven't responded to any of my texts. I wanna go out," he grinned. Even though Jesse probably wasn't good for me, I loved his wild side. I hadn't gone out in so long. "There's a party on Taramore. I wanted to go."

"Sounds good." I got up. I walked to my dresser to change clothes. I saw the cap of pills.I forgot about. What the hell, I mean I feel better after crying anyway. I threw them back and continued to give threw my drawer. I decided on a white v-neck, black skinny jeans and black Tom's.

"Alright. Let's go." I smiled. I'm actually excited to get away. I grabbed my cellphone and Jesse followed me out of my room. I heard shuffling in the bathroom. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Nothing." That must be Vic. "Hurry, let's get out of here." I said quietly. I wanted to get out before Vic found out. I knew our energy will be stretched, but Taramore isn't that far.

Jesse and I walked down the block, each smoking is stoge. The smoke felt so comforting as I held it in my lungs. I exhausted and laughed along at Jesse's story. We caught up and bit and got pumped for this party. We finally reached the corner of the street when we heard the thumping of bass music.

"Duuuude, I'm so psyched." Jesse smiled big.

"Same." I smiled back. "Whoever takes a shot first gets to kick the other one in the balls!" I yelled.

"You're soo on." Jesse laughed as he sprinted away from me. I chased after him. The front lawn was filled with people and a dj, as Well as a kiddy pool and a bunch of drunks. Tons of people. I entered the house. I quickly looked for the kitchen, where I saw Jesse already downing a shot.

"Fuck you," I walked over laughing.

"Here, buddy. Let's get you taken care of," he handed me a half full bottle of Absolut Vodka. "Down that real quick." he said between shots. I threw the bottle up and started chugging. Jesse started to get everyone to chant. Just as a crowd started to form, Jesse made me laugh, causing me to accidentally dump Vodka on me.

"Fuck!" I laughed. I lost my Balance and back up. Someone had been behind me, causing me to miss my footing and fall. "Ahh, " I laughed again. I looked up at the stranger, giving me a hand. "Need help?"

Oh. He's kinda cute. A tall man with black hair and a Beanie stood before me. He had such bright, blue eyes and his smile was enchanting. He wore only a black demin vest, covered in pins, patches, and holes. He wore tight black skinny jeans and vans. But I couldn't keep my eyes off of his chest. His chest was to broad and simple. I couldn't help but find myself attracted to this stranger.

"Uhhhh, " I had to think of a response, but I had better things to do; such as staring at this guys flat stomach. "Yeah." I smiled, a bit embarrassed. I took his hand. His hand was huge and so strong and firm. I got to my feet, feeling a bit tipsy already.

"Beer?" he grabbed two beers off the counter."

"Yes please," I grabbed the beer and chugged that too.

"Haha damn," he laughed, opening his own. "Someone knows how to drink." His laugh was catchy.

"It been a while," I chuckled, wiping my mouth. "I'm Kellin."

"TJ." he smirked as he took a drink from his beer. He shoved a hand in his pocket, still grinning at me. His staring was a bit weird, but I took a sip of my drink and spoke again.

"Does it stand for something?"

"Yeah. My initials," he stepped closer. TJ's smile gave me butterflies. "Trouble Johnson."

"You're name is Trouble?" I grinned back. His name was...kinda hot. "Not just a nickname?"

"I was in Foster care with no name. As a baby, I ran around and messed with everything, so my new parents named me Trouble." he smiled. "Looks like nothing's changed." he stepped closer again.

I felt my face blush. I tried to hide it by throwing my beer back. I finished it off and threw it away.

"You're cute." he said smirking. Shit. I mean, I'm attracted to him, but I wasn't gonna act upon it. And it looks like he likes me back. He backed me against the wall. "How about some beer pong?"

"Sure. I haven't played in so long," I laughed nervously. TJ took my hand and led me to the back door. I didn't bother letting go. It felt nice to be touched again, even if It's from a cute guy I just met at a house party.

We went to the backyard. There was a few white, plastic tables with many bottles, sugar, lemon slices, and solo cups. People were everywhere. The music was loud and I loved it. People were dancing and drinking all over the place.

TJ led me to the table, where a game was just ending. We stood and talked while we waited. Hes so funny, and seems like a great guy. I suppose me and Vic aren't together anymore. The game had finally cleared out and someone filled the cups with beer from a keg. People crowded around, cheering his name. He must be popular around here.

"Let the games begin." he smirked.