The Angel's Game

Chapter 2

“Very funny, now why are you naked in my room??” I tried to get up but something was pushing me down.
“Stop fidgeting, would you? I’m only so strong,” he pulled up a chair next to my bed and crossed his arms.
“What do you mean? You’re doing this??” I felt a panic attack coming on. I started to breathe uncontrollably. He just smiled.
“I can do many things.” He retorted.
“Okay, I believe you, now stop!” I guess he let go because I was able to move once the door opened. There stood a nurse.
“Mr. Quinn, I see you’re awake. How are you feeling?” I sat with my jaw to the ground. How did she not see the naked man right next to me?? I kept gesturing to him as he just smiled innocently back. Words wouldn’t leave my mouth in shock.
“B-BUT THE NAKED MAN,” I finally shouted. Her eyes widened and she took notes on her thick clip board. “No, I mean I’m fine! I’m not crazy!”
“Well, you did try to end yourself,” she muttered, not looking away from her ‘charts’. I just frowned. I really do look stupid right now. “I just need to ask you some questions, Kellin.” I frowned and looked to Vic, still smiling. Does she not see him? Fuck these minds games. Maybe I’m just imagining him. I tried to poke him but my finger went right through him. I gasped and retracted my arm quickly as he chuckled and put a finger over his mouth.
“Listen to the nurse, babe.”
“Babe?!” I freaked out. I looked to the nurse who gave me a weird look.
“Excuse me, Mr. Quinn?”
“Nothing,” I sighed in defeat. Vic’s seriously trolling me.
“Okay then,” she sighed back. “Any thoughts of hurting yourself or others?”
“Myself.” She took some notes and pushed up her glasses.
“Seeing or hearing things that aren’t there?”
“I..” I looked to Vic who shook his head. “No.”
“Do you remember why you’re here?” she asked again.
“Because I wanna die.” I groaned, falling back onto the bed.
“Ahh,” Vic sung. “And that’s why I’m here, I’m guessing.” I ignored him and looked to the nurse to see if she heard him. She just kept writing. This is bullshit.
“And why is that?” she asked more gently.
“Don’t worry about it,” I growled. She was taken back. She wrote for about a minute. The sound of the pencil against the paper was killing me. She could be talking so much shit.
“Okay well,” She looked up and smiled. “We’ll be sending you to a mental hospital to help with you psychiatric state.”
“No, fuck that!” I threw aside the covers and jumped out of bed. “You might as well just kill me now! This is such bullshit!” I grabbed my Toms from the floor and chucked them at the wall in anger. “Argg!”
“Security!” The nurse fled the room.
“Great,” Vic sighed. “You did it now, Kid.” And with that, Vic snapped his fingers. We ended up in my room.
“Whaa-“ was all that could leave my mouth. “What’d you do?”
“Skipped forward 2 weeks. You’re now out of the mental hospital. Now explain to me,” Vic sat on my bed. “Why am I here?”
“Fuck you, I don’t know!” I felt the feeling again. I grabbed at my stomach. “Get your naked ass off my bed, I sleep there.” I called out as I rushed down the hall to the bathroom. I barely made it just in time to throw up the weird food they’d been feeding me at the hospital. Ugh. I felt my stomach again. I didn’t feel my ribs. This was bad. I jumped up to the mirror. I had put on weight. I grabbed at my new figure. I was still skinny, but not skinny enough. If could grab the skin on my stomach, something needs to be done. “Ugh, I’m fucking disgusting.”
“No you’re not.” Vic appeared behind me. I jumped and shrieked. “Sorry.” He chuckled. I just looked back at the mirror. “Kellin, you wanna die?”
“What of it?” I turned past him coldly and went back to my room. I let him in then shut the door. “Who even are you? And why didn’t the nurse see you? And why are you naked? That’s not okay,” I walked over to my dresser and threw him some clothes. He again, just chuckled.
“I’m Vic, your angel. Well,” he put the shirt over his head. “I’m technically a fallen angel. I was an angel before they found out I was gay.” He explained calmly as he slid on my skinny jeans.
“Why is that a big deal?” I sat on my bed, intrigued.
“Let’s not worry about that,” he retorted defensively. “Let’s worry about you. I’ve been sent here to try to help you in some way and teach not only you a lesson, but me too. The point of sending a fallen angel to the 1st dimension is to give them a chance to earn their wings back.” Vic laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. “Every damaged soul turns into an error when they pass away. You luckily survived. So I’m guessing,” he caught be looking at him. “I’m here to keep you alive. You don’t wanna be an error.”
“An error?” I raised a curious eye brow.
“An error has potential to become a demon, but is safe enough to live among other angels in the 2nd dimension. They can choose to be sent back to the 1st dimension to earn their wings as an angel, or slowly rot into a demon and get sent to the 3rd dimension. Though I died an angel, I lost my wings for wronging the Crowned One’s rules. In the 3rd dimension is where demons live. Angels can get sent there for punishment or the vaporizing of their soul.”
Vic stared back at me. I was so confused.
“So…us humans live in the 1st dimension? So angels and demons are everywhere, but we just can’t see them?”
“Exactly. But some demons are strong and ambitious enough to break through the dimension barriers and can make their presence known through haunting people or houses. But that’s not very common.” He smiled.
“Who’s the Crowned One?” I asked, lying next to him on my bed.
“My dick brother, Mike. It’s against The Book to be homosexual. Someone accused me on homosexuality and I was sent here.”
“Hmm..” we laid in silence for a minute. “Does this mean I’ll be an error when I pass? Because I’m gay too?” he smiled.
“How cute. And no, as long as Mike doesn’t find out.” Vic rested a hand on my thigh and lightly caressed it. I tried my best to ignore it.
“It’s unfair how gays have to work harder than others to get their equal rights.” I sighed. “It’s like that here, too.”
“I know. But you’re okay.”
“What else can you do? Like, do angels have powers?” Vic laughed. I frowned. “What?”
“I only have more powers than humans. Don’t think of me of powerful, just think of yourself as powerless. Make sense?” I frowned again. “I can make myself invisible to humans, but never to my master, which is you. I can control my master,” I felt myself sit up. Without thinking, I crawled on top of Vic and straddled him. I felt my face heat up. “like this. You’re so cute when you blush.” He brought his face to mine, lightly brushing our noses together. I couldn’t help but smile. Well, he was a gorgeous man. Tall, lanky, long, brown hair that framed his face, and a soothing voice. But I guess he is an angel. I felt control over my body again and fell down next to him again. “And I can do other stuff. But you’ll find out soon enough.” He grinned devilishly.
“Fair enough. So, do you just chill with me?”
“Pretty much.” He yawned. “Oh, and we can’t be separated for long periods of time, or else I could get vaporized.”
“Vaporized?”
“Die. Non-existent. In all dimensions. So just keep that in mind.” He smiled.
“Kellin! Stop talking to yourself like a dumbass and go to sleep!” I heard my mom call from downstairs. Fuck. I felt tears build in my eyes. I don’t know why, but that was embarrassing. Vic can’t know I have problems.
“Ignore her, what’s wrong?” Vic rolled on his side and looked at me with sympathetic eyes. Wow. No one has been around for my mom’s beatings and yellings. It kind of feels good to have someone care. Wait.
“You don’t care, you just want your wings.” I turned my back towards him as I tried to sob quietly. I felt his warm arms around my torso as Vic pulled me back towards him. I felt his chest press against my back and his hot breath in my ear.
“Say what you want, but I’ve taken a liking to you. Goodnight.” I felt his presence leave me. I turned to see he was gone.