Demolition Lovers

Chapter 12

The ride to the police station was deathly quiet. Jamia sat up front with Mikey, who was driving. Jamia was kind and let me borrow clothes.
My hair was straightened the day before and was still straight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The silence was broken.

"Mikey, stop up here. I gotta pee." I laughed as Mikey sighed and pulled into the gas station.

" Jamia, will you get me a pack of cigarettes. I can't relax." I handed her a ten dollar bill.

" Sure babe." She left me and Mikey in an awkward silence.

"Mikey?"

"hmm?"

"Thank you."

He turned in his seat.

"for what?"

"Saving me."

"It was nothing."

"No trust me it was something. If you hadn't come..." I cringed at the thought.

I watched as Mikey got out of the car and opened the door to the backseat. He sat down and embraced me. I hugged him back and buried my head in his warm chest. He rubbed my back and whispered in my ear.

"Listen to me. The fagot who did this to you should be castrated. He deserves to burn in hell and God will make let him burn because if anyone doesn't deserve this. You defiantly don't. " I looked up at him.

"You believe in God?" I asked, throughly perplexed.

"Yes, there has to be one. I know there is." I don't know why but at that moment I felt so at peace with Mikey that I hugged him so tight. He was perfect. I just knew it.