Demolition Lovers

Chapter 13

"Okay, so can you tell me what happened?" The police officer asked as she prepared to write it down in her black notebook.

"um, I was in my bed and I heard this crashing noise and some cursing. I got up and looked out in the hall. There was this big man and he was wearing a black ski mask and these black t-shirt with a pair of jeans. He noticed me and he pushed me against the wall and he---h-he raped me. If Mikey hadn't come, he would have killed me. Before Mikey came he put this black rag over my mouth and told me he would kill my family if I told anyone." I sobbed as I confessed the story of my most shameful night.

The police officer patted my hand.

"You can go back to your friends now, sweety." She smiled sadly and I walked to the door.

I stepped into the busy hall and Mikey and Jamia were seated in two very uncomfortable chairs. Mikey noticed me first and quickly stood. He pulled me into his chest and I buried my face in it. I felt Jamia place a hand on my shoulder.

"You guys, unless you want to get run over you might want to sit down." She chuckled trying desperately to lighten the mood.

Mikey sat down and pulled me onto his lap, and he continued to rub my back and shh-ed quietly at my crying. We sat and waited as the police offer talked with the chief of police. I noticed that Jamia was taking small sips from a cup of coffee. Mikey saw me eying it and he quickly handed me his cup of black coffee. The door opened.

"Honey, you can come back in here now?" I stood up from Mikey's lap and she quickly added, "Your friends can come too."

We walked into the cold room and there was a man with the well known blue uniform on standing with his arms crossed. I walked behind the woman with my hand tightly holding Mikey's and my other surrounding Jamia's.

"Okay please describe the man again. Everything you can think of."

I began to describe the rapist in great detail as a woman with auburn locks drew him. Mikey's arm rested across my shoulders and Jamia was leaning her head on my shoulder. The woman handed me the picture. It was incredibly realistic and I wouldn't have been surprised if the man jumped right from the page.

"This is the man."

"Okay, we'll see if he matches any photos and get back to you." She smiled and motioned to us that we could finally leave. We walked quickly and I realized, my mom must be worried sick.