Demolition Lovers

Chapter 15

Mikey, Gerard, Jamia ,Frank, and I all sat on the Way's couch watching Halloween and eating popcorn. I was crushed between the Way brothers and we were covered by a black and yellow blanket. This was Gerard and Mikey's plan to help me get my mind off my mom. The police had been quick on taking her away and told us to leave before they began to collect any form of evidence.

So here we are ,watching one of my favorite movies and I got to bury my head in Mikey's shoulder during the frightening parts. Although my mind wondered back to what Jamia had said in the kitchen this morning.

"Mikey doesn't like me very much." I said

"Yes he does." She smiled. with a twinkle in her eye.

"How do you know?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I just do. "


The conversation rang through my head as if she and I had just spoken. I looked up at Mikey and watched as his eyes followed the characters on the television. He must have felt my eyes burning into his cheek, because he looked over at me. I smiled as he gave me a questioning look, I shook my head. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest as Michael Myers killed another person. I quickly released him as the thought that he might not like me that way, flashed through my mind. I stared at him through the corner of my eye and I swear I saw him blush.