Cause Heartbreak Is Forever, Not This Time

Chapter 6

Frank’s POV

I was so embarrassed, I can’t believe I just said that with my mouth full. She’ll most likely say what, and then I’ll repeat it and she’ll laugh at me sadistically and say no. She paused from poking her burnt pancake and looked at me. She mumbled something and looked back down embarrassedly.

“What?” I asked, I really wanted to know what she said now.

Slowly she lifted her head, just enough so I could see a bit of her eyes through her bright red and orange hair, she mouth the letters y-e-s and nodded slowly. In shock, I dropped my fork, ran to her, picked her up, and spun her around in the air. I pulled her close to me chest and whispered into her ear “I love you.”

Her mother decided it would be a wonderful time to show up right at this instance.

“What are you doing Hayley Williams? This pan needs to be scrubbed and the dishes done, and don’t forget to do all your chores before doing anything what that boy.” She had a vile and disgusting tone when she finished the sentence; I remembered why she hates her. I gently put Hayley back on her feet and she looked up sheepishly at her mother, nodded, and went to scrubbing the pan. Her mother grunted and twisted her features into the most disturbed thing you could have ever seen and left, mumbling all the way down the hallway.

Hayley’s POV

I wish he hadn’t seen that. Whenever my mother comes into the scene, everything falls apart. I just mindlessly do anything and everything she wants me to. Honestly, I think if she told me to jump off a bridge, I would actually do it without realizing. I’ve done everything she wants ever since I was little, she had me filing papers for her when I was six and learned my alphabet so they would be in the correct order. If I had them all put away right, I got dinner, if not I had to make it myself. Now it’s if you get it all right you get to stay in the house another day.

I must have zoned out because the next thing I realized was that I was bleeding all over the still dirty pan. I was scrubbing my hand with the coarse side with boiling hot water and soap, I had broken through the skin from thinking I was scrubbing the pan. I managed to contain a jump from the intense pain, cleaned the dishes, and made sure to do a good job to get all food and any possible sights of blood away before Frank noticed. I put all the dishes where they belonged to dry and hurried to the bathroom slipping in an “I’ll be right back” before I left. I shuffled through the medicine cabinet, found the bandages, and covered it up with a large skin tone one. I flushed the toilet for good measure so Frank didn’t think anything was wrong. I peeked back into the kitchen and he wasn’t there anymore. I turned around confused and was then face-to-face with Frank.

“Hello princess,” he smiled, he smelled strongly of overly sweet syrup and a bit of toothpaste. Clearly, he doesn’t brush his teeth well.

I looked down and blushed, “Hi.”

He hugged me tightly into his chest and I smiled. It felt nice to belong to someone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that took so long. I just got back from Disney last night. I had this one started before I left so it was pretty easy finishing it.