Status: WIP

23 Days

Just Watch It All Unfold

Things had changed and things were different now and I was glad for that. I was moved out of my parents’ house and I was living on my own now. I was excited to finally be moved out of the house that I so despised living in. Don’t get me wrong, I love my family, for the most part, but I was just glad to be able to do things my own way without having to live by their rules. I practically had most of my stuff out of my house and at my apartment, either in boxes or just in a suitcase. My parents promised that they’d help me in getting some furniture, so I’d had that’d we’d end up doing that soon. I had decided to leave a few little things behind at the other house for my younger sister to have since I knew that’d she was going to miss me, and I her. I knew that I’d settle into my new apartment rather quickly, but I was definitely going to miss the presence of my family being around to pester me.
I decided that I was going to at least try and pass the time by sorting a few things around and try to hang a couple things on the walls. I searched through a few of my larger boxes in the middle of the room before I found my radio. I pulled it out and plugged it into an outlet before hooking the cord up to it and play some music from my iPod. I kinda messed around with all the little things in the boxes, before slowly putting them up. I chuckled to myself as I came across a picture frame that held a silly little photo that my sister and I had taken a little while back. The frame was a clear glass frame that had had script on it that said ‘Sisters’. She was making such a dorky face but you could see the happy personality in the way just expressed her in it, but that sums up my little sister all in one photo. She was an extreme dork when people were around and she made a bunch of weird faces, but she was an extremely happy person a lot of the time. She liked being around people and trying to get them to laugh in any kind of situation.
I pried my eyes from the picture of us as there was a knock on the door. I gently placed the picture on the ground before walked over to and opening the door.
“Oh my god, Rian!” My best friend, Ashlyn, shouted as she jumped through my door and around my apartment. I jumped back at the surprise of her literally jumping into my apartment when I had barely opened the door for her. I closed the door and walked over to her, grabbing her wrist, “Alright! Hey, hey, quit bouncing around. I got downstairs neighbors now, you know.” “I’m sorry!” she shrieked as she quit jumping. She grabbed my arms and grinned, “I’m just so excited.”
Ashlyn was a pretty great friend. She was extremely outgoing and a very sweet girl, with an overly bubbly personality. Aside from her personality, she was a very reliable friend and you could pretty much count on her for anything, whether it was a place to crash or a ride somewhere. She always had your back no matter what happened and was willing to put up a fight if one ever happened. She was a true friend and I really appreciated her as a friend. She was a very skinny blonde girl with the tips of her hair highlighted an extreme bright pink and bright blue eyes. She typically wore extremely colorful clothes with a bunch of bright and flashy accessories that matched her personality. She was your typical girly girl and she seemed quite proud of it too.
“We’re you so excited, Ash?” I asked, walking away from her to turn my music down a little bit. “I am the most amazing best friend ever,” she mentioned, following right behind me. “What’d you do now?” I questioned with a roll of my eyes. “Oh... Only got tickets to go see the best band ever,” she mentioned, raising her brows at me. I spun and looked at her, only to see her fanning herself with a pair of concert tickets. “Who?” I questioned, as I laughed at her. “Framing freaking Hanley,” she responded before squealing with excitement. I ducked my head at the sudden high pitch scream that she made and glared at her, “Ashlyn! Take it down a notch.” She rushed over to me and quickly grabbed my hands in hers, “I am taking you and Jude to go see Framing Hanley with me. Rian, you gotta come with me.”
I didn’t need much persuasion to get me to agree to go to this show with her, considering I was a fan of FH and had been for quite a while now. I rather enjoyed their music and they were some pretty talent musician. “Alright,” I agreed, shrugging my shoulders at her. She gave me a cheesy grin. “When’s this show?” I questioned her. She pursed her lips and looked around the room, avoiding any eye contact with me. I knew that this show was going to be short notice by the way she was acting.
“Uhm, well,” she said before chewing on her bottom lip for a little while, “The show is actually tomorrow.” “Ash,” I whined, taking my hands out of her grip and crossed my arms over my chest. “Oh, pft. Take a chill pill, Rian,” she replied, rolling her eyes at me before laughing, “You’re not turning this show down. It’s a free ticket and its Framing Hanley.” I chuckled and nodded at her, “You know me so well, Ashlyn.” She nodded and then spun around, looking around my apartment, “Okay, but we seriously need to get something done about this place.”
“What about it?” I questioned her, also looking around. “We need to unpack all of this shit,” she said, walking over to a box by the wall and digging through it. “You’re going to help?” I asked, raising my brows in shocked. “Ashlyn Callahan is going to help with something? Who are you and what have you done with the real Ashlyn?” I inquired with a smirk making across my face. She looked at me and sarcastically laughed, “Very funny, Rian. But seriously, let’s get this done before I change my mind.” I laughed and turned to the box beside me, digging all of the fragile items out and unwrapping the paper from them.
I was quite stoked to be going to the Framing Hanley show tomorrow with Ashlyn and Jude. It was going to be pretty fun seeing one of my favorite bands with my two best friends. I had just hoped that I would be able to get most of my stuff unpacked so I could actually out to the show. I didn’t want to go if hadn’t gotten much unpacked and set up. I honestly didn’t care too much about the pictures and little trinkets, other than all of my precious Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, to be unpacked first more than the necessary items. I really just wanted to get my bed frame set up so I could actually sleep comfortably on my bed and not on the floor and hurt my back like I had been lately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, I began writing this fanfic for my sister, like, two years ago and decided to actually take it somewhere. I hadn't exactly gone back and edited this chapter to the point where I was happy with it, so it probably really sucks BUT BARE WITH ME PLEASE. Goodness.

First chapter, here we go. Enjoy. c: