Status: WIP

23 Days

Slow Dance

“So, can the asshole guy buy you a drink?” Nixon asked me with a smile coming across his face. I smiled and nodded at him, “You can.” He nodded and turned around, heading for the bar with me following behind him. “What do you want?” he asked me as soon as we got over to the bar. “Jack and coke, please,” I mentioned. “Jack and coke for the lady,” he said to the bartender before shrugging his shoulders and saying, “Blue Moon for me, please.” The bartender nodded before grabbing a Blue Moon out of the fridge behind him and popping the cap off. He handed the bottle to Nixon and then made my drink and handed it to me.
I took a quick swig of the drink before pursing my lips and looking at Nixon. “Did you enjoy the show?” he questioned me, leaning against the bar counter. I nodded and him and looked around, “Yeah, yeah, I did. It was really fun.” “Good,” he smiled, “I’m glad to hear you had fun.” He took a swig of his beer and then set it on the counter, looking around the venue awkwardly. “So, how old are you?” he questioned, looking over at me suspiciously. I raised a brow at him and looked down to the drink in my hand before back up to him, causing him to laugh.
“Yeah, I guess I should’ve maybe asked that question before I got you a drink,” he rubbed the back of his neck and chewed on his bottom lip. I laughed and shook my head, “Yes, you should’ve, but not like it matters. I’m twenty-one.” He sighed in relief and nodded, “Okay, good. I didn’t want to be responsible for any underage drinking here.” I raised my brow at him and let a smirk come across my face, “That’s never stopped anyone before.” He nodded at me and then shrugged, “Well, even so, I’m not like that. I’m not some jerk kind of guy who gets underage girls drunk.”
I smiled at him, “Glad I’m in safe hands.” “Of course,” he mentioned, shrugging his shoulders, “I’ve seen it first hand and I don’t want to be like that.” “Seen what first hand?” I asked, curiously. “Oh,” he mumbled, “Band members giving underage kids drinks.” “Oh, I see. How so?” I inquired. “Well, like, on tour. I’ve seen other bands giving these young - barely eighteen - year old girls drinks and I know what their intentions are. I hate seeing that and I vowed to never do that.”
I took a dragged out sip of my drink to avoid smiling at him again and nodded, “That’s understandable. I don’t blame you.” “Yeah, and I hate that all these other musicians do that, because it’s setting a bad example for the musicians who aren’t assholes like that, you know?” he said, pushing the glasses up the bridge of his nose. “Yeah, I can see that. I bet that it’s pretty frustrating, huh?” I set my drink on the bar. “It is because I am working hard and trying to show that I’m not like that, but I get written as a bad influence just because I’m a musician,” he shrugged his shoulder.
He sighed and took a swig of his beer. “Oh, wow. You know, that’s completely unfair. Just because you are a musician, doesn’t mean that you are a bad influence. That’s really bad stereotyping.” He looked at me and slightly tilted his head, staring at me for a little while. A small smile came across his face and he chuckled, “You don’t see it like everyone else. I’m glad that you understand what I’m trying to say.” I gave him a small smile and shrugged my shoulders, “Yeah.”
We both turned around as the band Countless Times began playing and watched them for a little while before I turned back to grab my drink off of the counter, drinking the last of it. Nixon stepped closer to me and rested his hand on my arm, leaning in close to my ear. “Do you want to step out for a second?” he asked me, and leaned back to look at my face. I smiled at him and nodded. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out to the front of the venue where it was a lot quieter. I pulled out a cigarette from my pack and put it between my lips. I raised a brow as Nixon began patting his pockets. “Shoot,” he mumbled, “I think I left mine in the van.”
I handed my pack out towards him and smiled, “You can have one of mine.” “Are you sure?” he asked, looking over at me and smiling. I nodded at him and shrugged my shoulders, “Yeah, I don’t mind. Go ahead.” He took one out and nodded, “Cool.” He pulled his lighter and lit his cigarette and handed it to me. I quickly lit it and handed it back to him, before taking a long drag. I looked across the venue parking lot and noticed Ashlyn waving vigorously at me and grinning.
I chuckled quietly and waved back to her simply and she gave me two thumbs up in return. I rolled my eyes and shook my head before looking back over at Nixon at the same time he looked at me. I hid a smile and sat down on the parking curb. “Did you come here alone?” he asked, turning and looking down at me. I shook my head at him and gestured over to the red Subaru Outback where Ashlyn and Jude stood, “Nope. I came here with them.” He looked over at them and then back to me, “Oh. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to drag you away from them or anything.”
I waved my hand at him and laughed, “Don’t worry about it. It’s cool. They don’t care, honestly.” He nodded and sat down next to me, taking a drag of his cigarette. He blew the smoke out of his mouth and looked over at me. “Do you live far from here?” he questioned. “I live about maybe ten or fifteen minutes away from here,” I replied, looking over at him. “How convenient,” he chuckled. I smiled and nodded, “Yeah, kind of.” “Do you go to a lot of shows here?” he inquired. I wobbled my hand back in forth and shrugged, “I guess. I mean, not as of lately. I used to come here a lot with my sister, but I haven’t had much of a change to recently.”
We had sat there talking for was seemed like forever, but it must have been an hour, at least. We laughed, we joked, smoked 90% percent of my cigarettes, and we told a bunch of stories to each other about silly little things that had happened in the past. He was a pretty funny and entertaining guy, which I highly enjoyed. I really thought it was cool of him to kind of just hang around and talk with me.
“Hey! Nixon,” someone from behind us called, causing Nixon and me to both turn and look, “We have to go now, c’mon.” I noticed that most of the cars that had been parked in the parking lot were now gone, a long with some of vans and trailers. Nixon turned and looked at me with a frown, “That sucks.” I chuckled at him and nodded, “Indeed, it does.” He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, “Well, I really enjoyed talking to you tonight, Rian. Thanks for coming out.”
I smiled at him and chuckled, “I enjoyed talking to you, too. Oh, pft, no problem. I had fun tonight, it was cool.” He grinned at me and stood up at the exact same time as I did, causing me to giggle. He chewed on his lip for a little while as he stared at me before shrugging and smiling, “Give me your phone for a second.” I raised a brow at him before slowly reaching into my pocket and grabbed my cell and handing it to him. He looked down at the phone and began fiddling with it.
“Nixon! Come oooon,” the same guy from moments before complained. “I’m coming, Ryan!” Nixon shouted, shaking his head. “I don’t do this often but I put my number in your phone if you, if you ever wanna talk to an asshole again,” he said handing me back my phone and winking at me. I took the phone and chuckled, giving him a slight, “I dunno, maybe.” “Well, then can I get your number?” he smiled. “Hand it over,” he said, holding my hand out to him.
He grabbed the phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. I managed to figured out how to get into his contacts and quickly placed my name and number into a new contact. I handed him back his phone and smiled, “Ta-da.” He smiled and shoved the phone into his pocket, chuckling. “Cool, well, I guess I might talk to you later,” he mentioned, holding his arms out towards me, for what I assumed was for a hug. I walked towards him and he pulled me into a quick tight hug before backing out and walking towards the white van.
I scurried over to Ashlyn’s outback and attempted to open the door, only to find the door locked. I looked in the back and saw both Jude and Ashlyn passed out, cuddling. I tapped on the window loud enough to wake Ashlyn up and she climbed out and ran over to me, clutching onto my shoulders and grinning. “How’d it go?” she questioned, raising her eyebrows a couple of times and giggling.
“It went fine, now can we please go home? I am coooold,” I complained. She nodded and ran climbed into the driver side of the car and started it while I went over and climbed into the passenger side. She pulled out of the parking lot and began driving to my apartment. I pulled out my phone as I vibrate and checked the text I had received.

From: Nixon ;)
Hey. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy. ^-^