Status: WIP

23 Days

All In Your Hands

It had been a week since the Framing Hanley concert and Nixon and I had texted everyday since then. We talked practically all day every day, only to take a half hour break for him to do a show or for him or I to sleep a couple of hours. We actually even talked on the phone and we even had a few Skype chats, which was pretty good. I really enjoyed talking to him and I was really glad that he decided to give me his phone number so we could stay in contact.
Nixon had told me that the band would be coming back to Illinois for the last show of the tour in about in a week in a half. He said that if I wanted to come, that he would put me on the list, and even Ashlyn and Jude if they wanted to come as well. I had told him that I’d think about it, but I already knew that I would go to the show. I also knew that Ashlyn would want to come to the show, but I wasn’t a hundred percent if Jude would come out. He didn’t seem to be having much fun the last show.
I tore my eyes from my phone and looked at Ashlyn after she had just smacked my arms and screamed at me. I furrowed my brows at her and pursed my lips. She turned and looked across the tabled and shook her head, “She’s not listening.” My little sister, Charlotte, rolled her eyes at Ashlyn and took a sip of her drink before saying, “Yeah, welcome to my world.” I chuckled at the both of them before asking Ashlyn what she said to me and she replied, “I asked if you were talking to Nixon.”
I nodded at her ad returned my attention to my phone to reply to Nixon’s text. After I replied, I slid my phone in my pocket and brought myself back to the table, listening to Ashlyn and Charlotte’s conversation about something, but got lost in my thoughts. I was kind of excited that Nixon was coming back to play a show. I was excited to see him again and I had hoped that maybe him and I could hang out and talk to me.
“So, Ri,” Charlotte mumbled, turning and glaring at me. I raised my brows at her and leaned back in my seat, “Mhm.” “Am I allowed to go to this concert or are younger siblings not allowed?” she questioned, getting a laugh out of Ashlyn. I shrugged my shoulders at her and smiled, “If you wanna go, you can go. Just make sure it’s cool with the ‘rents, and I’ll take you.” Ashlyn cleared her throat and looked at me, “You mean I will take her. I’m the one driving, here.”
I chuckled and nodded, “Yeah, yeah, whatever. But speaking of the concert, is Jude gonna come with? I just wanna make sure.” She shrugged her shoulders and picked at her salad in front of her, “I don’t know. He says he has to work that night, but I might be able to drag him along. He told me he had a lot of fun.” I nodded at her response, “Just let me know when you get a final answer and I’ll let Nix know.” “It could be like a double date,” she mentioned, wiggling her eyebrows at me. “Double?” Charlotte asked, raising a brow and giving me a questioning looking. “We aren’t together, Ash, so how can it be a double date?” I mumbled, rolling my eyes.
She tossed her fork in the bowl and shrugged, “Well, I ship it.” “Ship what?” Charlotte questioned, desperately. “Rian’s got a boyfriend,” Ashlyn smirked and looked over at my younger sister. “You bunch of idiots. Nixon isn’t my boyfriend so why don’t you two just calm your tits,” I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest and shaking my head. “The tits are calm, Ri,” Ashlyn mumbled, looking at me and sticking her tongue out at me.
I stood up from my seat and rolled my eyes at the two of them, grabbing my drink from the table and sighing, “Alright, alright, ladies. Let’s go. I thought we were at the mall for a reason and that reason wasn’t just sitting around.” The both of the stood up and we took off in the direction of my – and my sisters - favorite stores, being Spencer’s and Hot Topic. I didn’t know why we had decided to go to the mall, but here were, for some reason.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in the decent crowd in the venue, looking around for Nixon to see if I could find him before he went on. One band had already played and the next was setting up, so I figured now would be a good time to try and get a hold of him to see where he was.

To: Nixon ;)
Hey, where’re you?


I tore my eyes from my phone as I sent the message, looking around for him. “Looking for Nix?” Ashlyn questioned, jabbing her pointer finger into my side, “I bet he’s looking for you, too.” I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head, “Shut up.” Although I acted like it bothered and annoyed me, it honestly gave me butterflies and made me even more nervous than I was a little while ago. I looked down at my phone as it vibrated.

From: Nixon ;)
I see you!


I looked up from my phone and looked around the venue, still not seeing him. Where the hell was he? I looked up at the stage and then around the crowd, not seeing him anywhere. How in the world did he see me if I couldn’t see him? “Do you guys see him?” I questioned, looking back at my group consisting of Ashlyn, Charlotte, and Jude. Ashlyn and Charlotte looked around and Jude ducked his head. “Who am I looking for?” Charlotte questioned.

To: Nixon ;)
Where the hell are you?


“Alright, hey,” Ashlyn grabbed my shoulders and gently shook me, “Take a deep breath. You’ll see him soon. Calm down, Rian.” I nodded and looked towards the stage, watching the band set up their gear, which seemed to be taking slower than it did last time. I didn’t know who was setting up right now, but all I knew was that Framing Hanley was on after them.

From: Nixon ;)
You look really good tonight. (:


To: Nixon ;)
Okay, seriously. Where the heck are you?


I groaned in frustration and looked over at Ashlyn and Jude as they clung to each other in a tight hug. I sighed and looked at my younger sister who looked like she was bored out of her mind. I gave her a apologetic look and she shrugged. “I’m going to go get some water,” she mentioned before walking out through the crowd and toward the back of the venue.
“Right here!” I heard Nixon’s voice all of a sudden as I felt arms wrap around my waist. I jumped and quickly turned around to look at Nixon with wide eyes, “Holy shit, you scared me.” He chuckled and smiled at me, “I’m sorry. I just wanted to surprise you.” I laughed and shook my head, “It’s okay.” “Do I get a hug?” he questioned, holding his arms out to me and pouting. I nodded and gave him a quick hug before pulling back and smiling.
“Oh, Nixon, this is Jude and Ashlyn. Ashlyn and Jude, this is Nixon,” I introduced them and smiled. Nixon smiled and shook both of their hands saying what a pleasure it was to meet the both of them. “My sister is around here somewhere,” I mumbled, looking around the venue then turning my attention back to Nixon whom grinned at me. “Well,” he mentioned, shrugging his shoulders, “I’ve got to get ready to go on now, but I just thought I’d come say hi.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy, lovies. :)

Comment, subscribe, and recommend!! :)