Status: I'll update if you want me to

No Joy

Chapter Two

Gerard's POV

I wasn't sure how I was suppose to 'help' the government find Frank, but I wasn't going to question it. If it was another fellow Killjoy they would've let them rot to death, but people actually cared about Fun Ghoul. So I guess I should appreciate the chance I was given and find my friend. I know exactly what you're thinking, and I agree. It's a horrible way of acting to citizens of Battery City and everyone should be saved. Or at least someone should attempt. But, the world is ugly. Nobody can deny that.

Over the couple days I have been kept in hiding, on military bases or base I guess. I'm thankful for the safety, but it's frustrating when people try teaching me how to use a ray gun. I'm not stupid you know. I saved thousands of Killjoys with that d*mn thing.

The frustration kills me, but I try to calm down. My emotions are all over the place ever since Frank's kidnapping. I never realised how much that dark haired boy meant to me. I used to spend all my time with him, now look what I'm doing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I literally sit all day waiting for someone to tell me that they found Frank's location and all we have to do is go get him while fighting off BLI. That's how it works in the movies. They find the guy's location, fight the evil guys off and then the hero falls in love with the victim.

Wait. Love?

What.

I try rubbing off that thought, but as I watch TV my thoughts come back to it. I couldn't actually love that adorable midget, right? We are just friends. And I bet Frank's straight.

I'm straight too.

I slam my face into my pillow.

Who am I kidding? Everyone knows Party Poison is gay. Not bi, not pan, he's gay. A flaming homo, flamboyant, straight out gay. No pun intended. I wear pink. Every day.

The only person who thinks that I'm not gay is myself, but let's face it. I like d*ck.

I'm so stupid. I tell everyone to be themselves.

Look what happened to me, I was ignorant until now.

I let out a sigh as I get my head out of my pillow, considering the fact that I need air to survive. Hearing shuffling towards my small room, I straighten myself out on my bunk, attempting to look presentable. Well as presentable as you can be with a tear stained face.

"Hello?", an official yet friendly voice speaks through the door, accompanied with a knock.

"Come in!", I shout so whoever is outside can hear me through the thick door.

As an unfamiliar face walks into my temporary room, I examine the man. His warm smile looks out of place with his formal attire.

After a while, his thick voice breaks the silence, "I am pleased to tell you that a group of Killjoys have decided to help you find Fun Ghoul and all your charges have been removed with a bit of help."

Letting the information sink in, I try to smile but miserably fail. I thought I was going to be informed that Frank's location has been found. But, I guess life just isn't that easy.

With a small nod, I look at the man and he gives me a sympathetic look before leaving the room.

I felt rude, he probably thought I was hostile and posh or something. I never even caught his name.

Letting my mind drift, I laid my head down on my pillow. I snuggled in my blankets, missing Frank's body heat as I fell asleep in a distasteful sleep.