Spying for Love

New Mission

"You must be crazy!" I slammed my fist on the wooden table. It shined annoyingly making my eyes twitch. I stared at the woman in front of me that, I dared to call Mom. She looked back at me, her eyes twinkling as she turned to laugh with the man standing next to her.

Let me introduce to you, my mother and father. Both whom are Headmaster and Headmistress for Hathaway Academy for the Privileged. Now, if you first hear of this school, you might think of a huge mansion covered by ivy and surrounded by a well-kept lawn and neat shrubs. Correct. You will think of stuck-up children being waited hand on foot by maids and butlers. Wrong. We did look like an all-American boarding school but the secrets that were kept in these moss-covered walls were never meant to get out. We were a spy school. Mastering in DNA transformations and chemical warfare, we were made to fight.

"I'm not going to waste my time with this. Why don't you have someone from Unit 5 take care of this?"

Unit 5. Pssh. Amateurs. Well, not really. They could certainly defend themselves with simply a piece of gum but weren't up to the standards of Unit 8. Which I was in. I suppose the units are like levels of which you must complete.

My mother looked down at the folder in her hands and said, "Because we aren't dealing with a simple assassin. We're dealing with the Russian mob here and we feel that you sho-"

"But Moscow needs me to go to thei-"

"Did Moscow go through 18 hours of labor to give birth to you?" My mother said, her green eyes shining with amusement. My father let out a laugh besides her but shut up as I shot a glare at him.

"What does that have to do with anything? Anyways, I'm not up for this. Like, you can just expect me to go join a bunch of boy-band loving princesses and perverted guys that think any girl will sleep with them."

I looked down at the yellow folder in my hands. The word Confidential had been stamped on the front of the folder, I opened it up, and a small picture of a tan girl stared back up at me.

Jacey Bruno. The girl that I was supposed to go baby-sit. She was the Italian ambassador's daughter. She attended Olligner's Preparatory in New Hampshire. Pretty high-class life they lived over there with their. Mostly the aristocratic sent their children there with the high-tech security and whatnot. But apparently, a secret someone reported that the head of the Russian mob, Kaleb Asimov, was out to get the Italian ambassador Uriah Bruno. Their first target, for some reason, would be the ambassador's one and only daughter, Jacey. And now I was forced to go attend their school and make sure no harm was done to her.

"Love, I'd go and make this my own mission by posing a Chemistry teacher but I've got a school to run."

"But Mom can handle it." I whined, pouting at my father. "And I really wanted to nab the Scandinavian convict who broke into Moscow's Communication's Intelligence."

"Argh, Tyler Sophie Freelance, you are going to do this mission whether you like or not!" My mother shouted (Oh yeah, play the middle name card), making my father drop the pencil he was twirling between his fingers. Unfortunately, it wasn't an ordinary pencil since it was also a heat laser and it burned a hole into the carpet.

He grinned sheepishly and my mother let out a groan. "Geez, Mom, you can be a hard ass sometimes." She grinned at my comment and took the folder from me, replacing it with a small bulging package.

"And so can you. You're not my daughter for nothing. Any who, this has all your new information in it and everything. And as soon as you get there, remember to profi-"

I opened it up to take out a new I.D. card that read Ashley Johnson. "Profile the place and the girl. I know, Mother. I’m not a newbie. And Ashley Johnson? Mom, I sound like your everyday cheerleader that can't wait to get laid."

"A cheerleader that can create a tracking device with only a scrunchie and a destroyed radio." I grinned, remembering that day. Ahh, Lou didn't even see it going into his briefcase as I slipped it in, slurping away on my milkshake. "You're getting a driver's license and everything. You're also leaving tomorrow. No need to pack, it's all been done and sent away for you."

"You've got this all planned out don't you?" I spat. She grinned, nodding childishly. "I suppose I'm going to be rooming with her and same classes and everything?"

"You got it, kiddo."

I got up, the package sealed back up, held tightly around my fingers. "I'll need weapons. I'll be taking them...to my choosing?"

My father nodded, adding, "The helicopter will be here tomorrow morning at six hundred hours sharp." I groaned and walked out the room, waving bye to them, not looking back once.

I walked down the massive stairs and into the main hall where many students were walking around and talking.

"Ty!" I looked up to see my best friend Vicky running towards me. I grinned when I saw her and stopped walking. We've known each other for years...well at least when she started to come here. She was in Unit 7 however, and I was often placed on missions with her to give her aid.

"So what did your parents have to say to you?" She said in French, running a hand through her short hair. She was a bit shorter than me and right now, looked like she just woke up. Her shirt was half tucked into her skirt and her hair was all ruffled.

"Forget that, but were you hooking up with James in the custodial closet again?" I asked in Chinese.

"Pas possible!" She said, heat rising to her cheeks. She switched back to English and said, "That was one time an-"

"And as you quote, it was the best time of your life, not including the time you jumped off the moving train and still managed to get that guy in a headlock all without smearing your lip-gloss." She grinned and shook her head.

"Yes, yes it's all true but so, what's new?!"

"I'm going away to a new mission." She pouted and I shrugged my shoulders sadly. "I know, and it gets worse. There's no time limit. There's no idea how long this mission will take."

As we walked down into the basement, I explained to her the details of my assignment. She laughed at my bad luck and said, "Gee, I wonder if you can be normal for a couple of months."

I laughed loudly and scowled happily. "Please, I take that as a compliment." We stepped up onto a small platform and pressed the button that read "Activate". A long laser-like machine came out of the screen and read our eyes for confirmations of who were. The doors on the next wall opened and we walked in, laughing about an incident involving caramel and unhappy Mr. Lovejoy.

The head of the weapons lab, Mrs. Dalarna, greeted us with a curt nod and went back to her work of lecturing a few boys about the semi-automatic GI-67. We went in deeper into the lab and entered the weapons chamber. Masses of swords, katanas, knives, guns, maces, and much more were scattered around the room. A few rocket launchers were carelessly thrown on the ground and I picked it up carefully.

"I doubt you'll need that there unless you want to blow a hole in the wall of the bathroom to get Miss Glamorous out of there." She giggled and tossed a couple of handguns my way.

I nimbly caught them putting them into a specialized bag that would only open with my password. "Even then I could kick the door open." I grabbed a stunner and the door next to us opened.

I spun around to be greeted with a smug looking boy. Kyle Tuttings. The "it" boy of Unit 7. Hah. Not yet, up to my standards, Kyle. Forever trying to get with me, he often got on my nerves. Yes, his wavy golden hair was soft and his alarming blue eyes were tempting, but his jackass of a personality was a turn-off.

"Tyler, funny seeing you here." He said in a sultry voice. Sounds more like a retarded monkey to me.

I scoffed and turned back around to my work. Nice enough, Vick spoke for me. "Scram Kyle. There's no need for you to be here."

"Don't worry, Victoria, there's no need to be jealous. I was just getting to you." He winked at her, which resulted in me quickly pinning his arms around his back and shoving him up to the wall. Once again, his slimy voice managed to speak up. "Well, sure, the wall will be great support."

"Don't even for a second that your greasy ass could ever make it with us. Or even possibly with the whole female population." I let go off him harshly and walked out the room with Victoria by my side, leaving him in the room.

We ran to our room discussing ways to slip a sleeping potion into his chicken during dinner. I entered my room and stuffed the weapons bag into a slightly larger duffel bag. I plopped down onto my bed, waiting for Vicky to get out of the bathroom. I took a quick glance at the clock and saw that it was almost 2. Yum. Lunch.

I groaned to myself. Why did I have to go? I mean, if it was for a few short days, sure why not? But for a few months?! How was I going to act around them? I knew what MTV was but never had the time to watch it. I was far from a normal teenager. How do they expect me to act ordinary? If all went well, I would be invisible there, since I had managed to perfect that my whole life. Only reason I was known here was because of my status, but other than that I was a wallflower. The watch on my arm beeped and I looked at it, seeing that I had a message.

I brought the watch towards my mouth and softly said Accept. A holographic picture of my father came up as he excitedly said, "Change of plans, kiddo. You're leaving tonight." His digitalized face let out a fake scream as I growled and wiped away his picture.

Right on cue, Vicky came out the bathroom and upon noticing me grabbing a carton of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream out of our mini refrigerator, she asked, "What's going on? No lunch?"

I pointed to the carton and said, "This is it. I'm having a farewell lunch with you since I'm leaving tonight."

"No fair," She whined, grabbing a spoon from me. "This ruins out plan to go scaling tonight."

"I know but," I paused giving her my trademark smirk. "That’s what being a spy is all about. Surprises."
♠ ♠ ♠
First real chapter.