‹ Prequel: One in a Million
Status: -Updating every Wednesday-

Once in a Life Time

Test

Mia POV
Its been a couple of days since we last updated the BMTH fans. Today Oli was getting checked up, brain wave test, and when he gets back from the hospital he gets a bath, then guys are coming over to hang out with him and I. I really hoping that the brain wave test shows something because it doesn't that will give his dad more to say about unplugging him. And I will not have that! I don't care what anyone says I know he is in there somewhere!

-At the hospital-
We were in a room waiting for the nurse to come in to take Oli to do the brain wave test. I was nervous but I tried not to let it show, I didn't want to worry Oli by giving him vibes. The nurse came soon enough and we went to the room to hook up Oli to the wires. I watched them hook him up and it brought back memories of Oli in the hospital when all this first happened... *Flash back* I had be crying for days now, the boys were all around Oli and I. I didn't know what I was going to do. But I knew I wanted him to wake up and tell me everything's going to be alright but I knew right now they were. *End of flash back*
"Miss.Mia" The nurse called to me, bring me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I looked at her then Oli,sighing. "We want to try a few things, When we motion for you to come into the room,sit by Oliver then I will tell you things to do through this" She hand me a ear piece. "We don't want Oliver knowing, if he can hear or understand, what is going to happen." I nodded my head and put in the ear piece. I sat and waited for them to tell me to come in, I watched Oli more closely. I wanted him so bad to show something in the brain wave test. "Miss. Mia, come in please." I nodded my head and walked into the room sitting in the chair by Oli's bed. "Okay, now place your hand on his" Again I did what she said. I looked at Oli for a minute, wondering what was going through his head, then I looked to the nurse and doctor. They were talking about something and pointing to the screen. The nurse came back into my ear, "Mia, talk to Oli like you would at home." I nodded and looked at Oli then took a deep breath. "Oli.." I said barely a whisper, "I love you. The guys are going to come over tonight and see you. The fans are still showing so much love, They want you to wake up. I want you to wake up. I miss you so much. Your mother said she had a wonderful time with you the other day. You cried again after she left." I squeezed Oli's hand more. "Mia, you can stop." I nodded and waited for her to tell me to do something else. "Mia I want you to tell Oli to move his index finger" I looked at her for a minute then did it. "Oli I want you to do something for me, can you move your index finger." We waited and waited, but it didn't seem like Oli was going to move his finger. I sighed and went to get up until I felt his hand kinda tighten against mine. My mouth fell up and I looked at Oli then the nurse and doctor. They were just as shocked as I was. "That was great Oli baby!" I kissed his forehead. "Okay Mia you can take him back his room and I will be in there in a few minutes." The doctor said as the nurse unhooked Oli from the wires. In Oli's room I tried to get the gel crap out of his hair the best I could before I wash his hair. It felt like forever until the doc finally came in. "Miss. Mia" I turned to see the doc. "Yes doc" He sighed and I thought I was going to cry. "I want to look over his test a little more. But his check up went very well. I will look over his test more and call you and tell you what I see and think." I nodded, "Thank you Doc" He left and I turned to Oli "Well Oliver we will see where this goes. But for now lets get home and get you clean before the guys come over."

-At home-
Once Oli and I got and the helper people that take him from the house to the hospital then back to the house, put him in bed. I then went and got Oli'd bath water ready. As I was coming out of the bathroom with the water, soap, and shampoo I heard someone talking. I tired to think of who would be here. I knew it wasn't any of the guys the were dealing with BMTH stuff. Then I thought maybe is was Tom, I haven't seen him around in the last couple of days. So I decided to call out, "Tom!? Is that you?" I kept walking to the bedroom. I still didn't get a responds so I was walking extra careful. I walked into the room and seen a boy, not really a boy, but I seen him sitting there with his head in his hands. I walked closer to him putting the bucket of water down. "Tom? is that you" He looked up and it was Tom, and he was crying. I sighed in relief, thanking god it was Tom and not some random guy. I went over to the other side of Oli's bed and started to get him undressed and talked to Tom, "Tom, why are crying?" He looked at me then started to help with Oli, "I just miss Oli so much. Life doesn't seem worth living without him here." I looked at Tom with sad eyes, knowing how he feels. I put my hand his hand then spoke,"Tom our Oli is still here with us. His just not able to talk to us. And right now I am sure he would do anything to hug you and tell you everything is going to be alright." I put his hand on Oli's heart, "You feel that?" He nodded his head. "His alive, just remember that" He nodded his head and kinda smiled and finished helping me with Oli's bath. Once we were all done with his bath, we dressed him in his favorite Drop Dead shirt, for good luck. Soon after the boys got here and we sat around Oli's bed and talk to him and each other. We read some fan mail I picked up the other day. We were all in the middle of telling stories about Oli on tour, when the home phone rang. We all stopped and looked at each other, knowing who it was, everyone knew not to call the home phone for this reason right here. Tom went to get up to answer but I told him to sit and I would get it.
-Phone call-
Mia: Hello
Unknown: Yes this is Oliver Sykes Doc, is Mia around?
Mia: This is Mia
Doc: Oh okay, Hello Mia. I have some news
-I looked at the boys with kinda worried eyes, they were all starring at me-
Mia: Okay, what is it?
Doc: Well you were right, Oliver is still there and was responding to your touch and voice.
-I smiled-
Mia: Was the brain wave test better then before he left the hospital a couple of months ago?
Doc: Yes very much better! Actually he has improved a lot more than other coma people.
Mia: So what does this mean?
Doc: Well keep working with him, I want you to keep telling to try and move something, mostly his hands at first. And keep talking to him and having people come over and spending time with him, He seems to enjoy that.
Mia: Okay thank you Doc! I will.
Doc: You are welcome, I'll back every two weeks until I see him again to see how he is doing.
Mia: Okay Doc. Thank you bye.
Doc:Goodbye.
I hung up the phone and turned to the boys and smiled, "Oli is getting better, he is still in there. We have to keep working with him, trying to get him to move his hands." All the boys cheered and jumped up and down. I walked over to Oli and ran my hands through his hair, "You hear that baby, your getting better. You'll be back with us in no time." I was looking at him smiling and I noticed a little smile on Oli's face also. The rest of the night we all watched movies and ate food and hung out more.