‹ Prequel: One in a Million
Status: -Updating every Wednesday-

Once in a Life Time

This can't be happening

Tom POV
Mia ran into the house after coming back from the hospital,I knew then it wasn't good. Not even minutes after she ran in, so did the guys. They all ran to Oli's room first but living with Mia I knew where she would be, and it wasn't Oli's room, it was his office. I calmly walked down the hall to it, I am only clam because I knew that if I freaked it wouldn't help her. Seeing as the guys realized she wasn't in there, they were at my heels. I first knocked on the door then moved the handle a little, finding it locked. That when I started to freak and so did the guys. I can't say how long we actually banged on the door but it wasn't long for Mia to turn up the music but that didn't stop us. And then someone, I don't know who I wasn't paying attention, said something about the key. Well Oli being well Oli, didn't make a key for his office, and I know him the only key if there was one would be with Mia. We gave up and just sat outside the door, waiting for either the phone to ring or Mia to come out.

Oli Pov
The doctors have been doing test all day, and I'm trying to respond but there not getting it. Its making me mad. I just want to be with Mia. I didn't understand why they weren't letting her be with me, but its not they cared they never told me anything. They just expect me to respond to everything they said. I shut myself, and way from all this. Later after coming back to listen to see where I was, I heard the doctors say they were keeping, I didn't know why. I just hoped Mia was staying with me. I moved into a room and hooked up to everything. They left my door opened, I only knew that because I didn't hear one shut, and they never cared, unless Mia was in the room, to shut the door. Which make me a little mad again. Just laying there, I was listening to when Mia and the guys would come in but they never did. A few more nurses came in and then my doctor, his a dick, asked me some more question, I responded just so I could see Mia. I heard him write down somethings, then leave, again not shutting the door. Moments later I heard screaming, which scared me a little, but then I started understanding the words, "Your going to scare him, he needs me there!" I knew that voice too well not to know how it was, and it was Mia. I knew they weren't letting her stay with me, they weren't letting stay with me. And sadly Mia was right, I was scared, I did need her, but importantly she needed me. I could always hear her cry at night when she thought no one was listening, I was listening. I wouldn't fall asleep until I heard her stop crying and her soft breathing start. I guess a nurse came in after a little bit, and saw I was crying because she ran out and got the doctor, like it was a big deal I was crying, hell I did that on a daily bases it seemed. I heard the doctor come in, he checked things, then asked me questions, I didn't answer any of them. Until he started on Mia, "You want Mia here?" I moved my finger. "You wish you could see her, don't you?" I moved two fingers this time. "You care about her?" I moved three fingers this time. "She clams you doesn't she?" I moved four fingers this time. "she makes this own thing better?" I moved five fingers this time. He was quit for a while, but I knew was there I could hear his breathing. Finally he spoke after more then a few minutes, "You love her don't you?" this time I moved my whole hand to my heart, I guess that answered his questioned. I was a little taken back by all the movement I did, I had never moved anything that much since I have been in this coma.

Tom Pov
We didn't hear anything all time, not from the doctor, not from Mia. We all just sat on the floor in front of Oli's office, talking a little to each other. Theres not much you can do when your brother girlfriend has locked her in his office and he isn't here to do anything about it. It sucked even more because the doctor hadn't called, and that was usual because he usually did call a few hours after Oli's appointments. I knew everything that happened at the hospital, I didn't have to be there, I was filled in. I was as upset as Mia was but I was staying strong for her, even if she wasn't here. She needed me and I needed her. She needed Oli and he needed her. And it knew it killed both of them when they couldn't be together, even with Oli in the coma. I knew he struggled more when Mia went out to do things, and I knew it killed her to be away from him. It killed me to watch them, but I did it for the both of them. They needed a rock when no one was around and I was it. Yeah, I knew Mia cried at night when she thought I was sleeping but I could hear her, I heard her to talk to him, to beg him to come out of the coma. I didn't say anything or do anything at night when she did because she wanted to be alone. But I did hug her the moment I seen her the next morning.

Mia POV
I woke up, his office didn't have windows, which probably why I liked it so much. But I knew it was the next day, and I knew they were still sitting at the door. I didn't want to go out there, but I wanted to see Oli. I checked the time, seeing it was visiting time. I ran to the door and unlocked it, then ran out of the room and over the guys and into Oli's room, where my clothes were. I just changed my shirt real quick, I didn't have time to waste. I ran out, grabbed everything I needed, then looked back at the guys staring at me. I just looked at them for a minute, then said "Are yall going to just stand there or are one of you going to drive me to the hospital?" They just stared at me for a second then all at once got up. With that I walked out the door and waited for them in the car. It didn't take long for us to get to the hospital, I ran in there and to the front desk, "Can I see Oliver Sykes yet?" I was out of breath by then and the guys had finally caught up to me. She clicked away on her computer the whole time then after a few minutes, she looked up to me, "The doctor would like to talk with you before you can see him" I nodded and waited in the waiting room again, hoping the doctor did have me wait too long this time. It was about 30 minutes before he came out, I met him in the middle of the room and waited for him to tell me something about Oli. I was hoping he would tell me that I could take him home and he was getting better and that everything was working. But I soon found out that wasn't the case.