Status: Whale this was an assignment i did in my Urban Lit class so i might as whale share u feel

Lil' Red

The light in the Dark

My town wasn't known for good things. Gang violence, rape, robbery, anything involving chaos was part of my town. Momma never let me go outside so i knew nothing of it through my own eyes. I only knew what i saw in the news. Well, only what Momma let me see. You see, i was different from the other boys and girls here in my town. Everyone had their own way of speaking English, like Momma i guess. They all had the dark skin and dark eyes, deep voices and muscled tones. I, however had a very light olive complexion, light brown hair that turned blonde in the sun and very light blue eyes. "That's not normal for a BLACK GIRL!" people told Momma, but she never cared. People would always ask me who my Daddy was but how would I know? Momma never talked about him. Never has, never will.

I passed Mr. Townsworth's porch and made a little curtsy. Momma always told me never to talk to strangers, just keep heading to where i was going and never stop, ever. But Mr. Townsworth was an exception. He used to be this towns Mayor 10 years ago. When he left office this place turned into a chaotic town. I do sincerely wish he'd come back, if only. "Well looky-here, if it ain't Bella-Lina, the prettiest lil' girl I've ever laid my eyes upon!" "Well thank you, Mr Townsworth," I said, "Forgive me now but I must keep going, my Uncle is waiting and patience is not a part of his virtue!"
"Well alright lil' lady, now you be careful now y'hear? Don't be skipping around here when it's too dark."
"I won't," i smiled. I noticed his face of concern as he looked past me. Turning my head i saw a tall muscled man with a dark jacket. He was a white man, the only white man I've ever seen roam around this town. He stared at me slowly and then released a puff of smoke from his cigarette and continued forward which sent a cold chill down my spine. "No one has ever looked at me like that?" I thought.
I said goodbye to Mr. Townsworth and skipped along, still thinking about that cold chilling face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I based this mystery man off of a man that lives in my town. He gives me the skeeves.