Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Bonding Time

-Razor's POV-

Being a tour manager is a bit of work, but sometimes I have almost nothing to do, like today. I took this opportunity to walk over to Farewell's bus. I knocked and Jess opened the door.
"Let's go," I told her.
"Go? Where?" she asked, puzzled.
"You and I are going to find somewhere to go in this city of Chicago."
"Okay... Let me grab my bag..." she disappeared but came back after a moment and off we were.

"How many tours have you been on?" Jess asked me once we were seated at Olive Garden.
"Well this one's my second..."
"And you're already tour manager? Wow."
"I was doing his job for him on the last tour. The guys say I'm better than him," I chuckled.
"Somebody loves you," Jess cooed.
"Baby couple, remember?" Josh and I are not at that stage yet...
"Oh, right. Sorry."
"It's cool. Plus when he and I do get that far, I don't want anything fancy. Fancy is not my thing. I want it to be special, but I don't want it to be planned and at a nice restaurant with roses and classy clothing."
"That is where we differ. When Robby and I exchanged the l-word, we were on tour but our hotel room was candlelit and he threw rose petals everywhere and it was just-" she closed her eyes to reminisce the event, "It was wonderful," she grinned.
"Somebody loves you," I teased her.
"I know. Be jealous. What?" she sang.
"So how about you? How many tours have you been on?"
"Goodness... A lot. Pretty much all of them. If I didn't have something going on during tour, I was selling merch."
"Lucky," I fake whined.
"Not really. I don't see my friends and family much and I left everything behind."
"But you're seeing new places all the time, traveling to beautiful places, and you have the pleasure of Robby the whole time. How could you not like that?"
"I do, but it happens a lot. Sometimes I sit tour out because I miss home too much and I stay with my parents as dumb as that sounds."
"Yeah, I get that. I miss my mom sometimes too but she's so busy being a lawyer and all."
"Lawyer?" Jess choked on her drink.
"Yeah..." what?
"Not to sound rude or anything, but a lawyer, a sophisticated businesswoman, produced you, a "goth" chick who doesn't have a high class job?" I chuckled.
"Yes ma'am. She wonders where she went wrong all the time. Here's a hint: you forgot to raise me."
I still have a little bit of anger towards my mom for neglecting me so much as a child. It was bad enough that dad walked out. Megan's parents were the one's who really raised me. Yes, they grounded me, gave me chores, lectured me, etc. I always made two sets of Mothers Day cards, the best one given to Mrs. Woznicki.
"Touchy subject, okay..."
"Sorry... I guess that was a mini rant, wasn't it?"
"A tad," she made a gesture with her fingers.
"Oops," I chuckled.