Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Plot Twist

-Razor's POV-

I sat on the couch in the back lounge with my laptop on my lap and the news on the T.V. I logged onto to tumblr and saw a large-to-me number in my ask box. Forty-five questions... Alright... Let's do this.
"How long have you and Balz been together?"
-A couple weeks.

"Why are you such a slut?"
-Why are you so much of a coward that you had to ask me on anon? By the way, I'm not a slut, thank you.

"You're so pretty!"
-Aww, thanks! You're too kind.

"Will Motionless In White ever come to Canada?"
-Have you not heard about the tour we're on right now? We'll be in Canada in a couple weeks.

"What's your favorite thing about Balz?"
-Hmm... Probably his eyes. I'm always finding myself lost in them.

"The body of a man was found last night in the woods. Police have yet to identify him. If you have any information regarding who he may be, call this number," I heard the anchorwoman speak. I looked up to the T.V. screen and almost threw my computer. There was a picture of a dead Caucasian man with black hair on the screen. I called the number below the picture.
"Chicago Police Department. How may I direct your call?"
"I know who the dead man from the news is."
"One moment please," she disappeared and the next voice I heard was a man.
"Detective Holbren speaking."
"Hello. I have information about the man found last night."
"Are you able to come down to the station?"
"I will make time. I'm not from here nor will I be here for longer than today."
"What's your name?"
"Raz-" I stopped myself, "Lani. Lani Claver."
"Alright, Miss Claver, come down to the station and they should let you right in. See you soon."
"Thank you," I hung up and ran out of the back lounge.
"Hey, Raze, where are you-"
"Can't talk now. I'll be back later," I cut Brandon off and ran to the Farewell bus. I didn't knock or anything; I ran right in.
"Jess, you're from around here, right?"
"Sorta. Why?"
"Where's the police station?"
"About two blocks from here. Again, why?"
"No time to explain. Thanks," I ran off the bus and ran to the police station. There is no time to wait for a cab.
"How may I help... you...?" the police woman in the lobby slowed her speech when she actually saw me. She probably thinks I'm some criminal with my razor dog collar and drip-style jeans. Let's not mention that my skin is pale, my hair is red and black, my eye makeup is eccentrically black, and my lipstick is blood red. Almost forgot that I have stretched ears to a size of 00 and a labret piercing among many others.
"I'm here to see Detective Holbren."
"I see... What have you been accused of?"
"Excuse me?" I scoffed, "I haven't been accused of anything. My record is clean, thank you. I have information on a dead man. Now, he said you guys would let me right in. Can I have a visitor's pass and directions to his office please?"
"Name?"
"Lani Claver."
"Here you are," she handed me a pass with my name on it, "Third floor. It's an open office with some smaller offices inside of it. Someone will assist you from there."
I went up the elevator and received look of disgust from the other riders. The looks kept coming when I stepped off the elevator.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for Detective Holbren," I asked a woman at a desk.
"Office in the back. He's the one with ear length brown hair," she never looked up from the document in her hands and her voice was monotone. The people here... Jeeze.
I found the office she was talking about and knocked.
"Come in," a stern voice called and I proceeded.
"You are?" he looked shocked.
"Lani Claver. We talked on the phone."
"Ah, yes, Miss Claver. You look a little different than I what I had expected."
"Thanks," I rolled my eyes.
"Sorry, I meant that normally I'm interrogating people of your kind- I'll stop now," he looked to be about twenty-nine, not too much older than me.
"Anyway, what information do you have on the victim?"
"I know exactly who he is."
"Do tell."
"Garret Tyler Claver, my father."