Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Are You Kidding Me?

-Razor's POV-

"Please explain this to me... If I recall properly from our phone conversation, you said you're not from here and won't be here tomorrow. How is this man your father?"
"I don't know how he went from Douglasville, Pennsylvania, alive, to Chicago, Illinois, dead. I do know, however, that he is my father. I never forgot his face."
"How long has he been missing?"
"You see, twenty years ago, he left me and my mother. So, 'missing' isn't a term you would use with me. I gave you the bastard's name. Now you can look into who he was cause he probably came here on his own. May I go?"
"Not quite. You seem to have a lot of anger towards him."
"Shit," I mumbled.
"We don't know if you saw him and attacked him with all that anger. Until we clear you as a suspect, you may not leave the state."
"What! No! I'm supposed to be in Des Moines tomorrow!"
"Why's that?"
"Work."
"Miss, what exactly is your job?"
"I'm a tour manager."
"I have a little time right now. Lets go to the interrogation room and clear this up, alright?"
"Sure. Whatever, but I don't believe in the taking of another person's life. I help people who want to take their own. I could easily lead them further down the road of suicide and kill them like that."
"Calm down and follow me," he walked out the door and I followed him into the elevator and into an interrogation room.
"Detective Holbren, October 16, 2013, interrogation room A. Interviewing Lani Claver," he spoke into a recording device before placing it on the table.
"Now, Lani, tell me your relationship with the victim, Garret Claver."
"He was my father."
"When was the last time you saw him?"
"I was six years old."
"Why was he not reported missing when not seen again?"
"He and my mom fought a lot so we all assumed he just ran off. I'm sure he did and now he's dead because of it."
"The coroner put time of death at October 12th. Tell me, where were you on that night?"
"I was in Pittsburgh."
"Can anyone back you up on that?"
"Yes. Lots of people... A lot of fans at the show; Jess Montgomery; Motionless In White; Farewell, My Love; Snow White's Poison Bite; need I go on?"
"I see. And you have not seen Garret since you were six?"
"Not since the day he walked out."
"You don't seem to be phased by his death."
"I don't know him anymore. He left. He walked out. He didn't care about me so why should I care about him?"
"I see... We'll check into your alibi, but until that is done, no leaving the state."
"Well my alibi leaves the state with me, so you might want to get on with that. Are we done?"
"You may leave."

'Just when I thought people had already assumed the worst of me, I became a murder suspect. How has your day been?' I tweeted while walking back to the venue.
"What the hell!" Josh ran up to me looking a little angry.
"What?"
"Murder suspect?"
"Yep."
"Care to elaborate?" he pushed.
"Josh, they found my dad."
"Oh shit..."
"I'm fine. The bastard walked out of my life so I don't care that he longer has one."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
We walked back onto the bus, and for a moment, I forgot Devin existed but...
"Watch your back guys, Razor is a murderer."
"No. You have it backwards; everyone here is safe except for you," I rose the pitch of my voice in annoyance.
"Oh, I'm so scared," he rolled his eyes.
"I can make you scared. I can make your life a living hell but I won't because I'm mature enough to see that you're a successful, talented person loved by many. You on the other hand, ignore anything that could possibly be good about me. Your childish remarks don't affect me, but they do show your true colors. Good day," I stormed to the back lounge.