Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Awkward

-Razor's POV-

Halloween is here! And so is my birthday... My 26th birthday. Alright. I slid on my Sally costume and went downstairs. I've always worn my Halloween costume the whole day of Halloween. Don't judge.

"Happy birthday, my dear," Josh -er, Jack Skellington- said as he slid some pancakes onto a plate.

"Oh, homemade breakfast?"

"Bisquick, shh..."

I chuckled and drizzled some syrup on the pancakes.

"Babe, can you get me Naked?" I asked for my juice.

"Oh? I can make some arrangements..." he said seductively- he sounded like Loki.

"You perv!" I laughed and threw my fork at him.

"Hey now... That could have punctured my skin."

"But it didn't, now did it?"

"You're lucky I love you."

"You what?"

Shocked doesn't even begin to describe my emotions.

"I didn't say anything," he was turning red.

"Josh, you said you love me. I thought you didn't believe in it."

"Yeah, well that was before I met you."

"How did I make you believe in love? I don't even believe in it."

"It's something. I have these feelings for you way beyond best friends and a regular boyfriend. It's the way you talk, the way you tease me, the way your eyes blink rapidly when you're mad, the way your nose scrunches up when you laugh- it's everything. Razor, I love you."

How am I supposed to respond to that?

"Josh, I care about you. A lot, and you know that. I just don't believe in love... Wow, uhm... That took a lot to tell me and this is really awkward..."

I looked down and heard feet shuffle away. When I looked up, Josh was gone. Great. Just great. It's my birthday and this happens. I walked up to my room, changed, and went back to bed. I woke up to a knock on my door.

"Razor?" a female voice softly seeped into my ears.

"Yeah?" my voice was groggy.

"Are you alright?" the voice belonged to my sister.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?" I sat up.

"For one, your party is going on downstairs and you're not there. Two, you're not even in costume like you usually are on Halloween."

"Oh yeah... I was in my costume, but I changed and went back to bed after breakfast."

"Why?"

"I was tired," I shrugged, not wanting to tell her the real reason why.

"Not buying it... We'll talk later. Right now you need to change back into your costume and head downstairs. I'll be waiting."

Burn walked out and I did as she told. When I made it downstairs, I scanned the room for Josh. I saw him look at me, but he quickly turned away.

"She's down!" Burn shouted.

"Babe, sh," Angelo chuckled before snaking his arm around her waist.

I looked at the tattoo on my shoulder and frowned. Of course I have a permanent reminder of a guy who just walked out on me.

"Happy birthday, Raze," Brandon smiled and enveloped me in a hug.

"Thanks, Rage."

Rhyming nicknames, yep. Problem, bro?

"Hey, have you seen Josh?" I asked Burn after a while.

"I thought he was with you?"

"No, he's not... I can't find him. I'm gonna go look for him."

"You're leaving your own party?"

"Burn, he's my boyfriend."

"Point taken..."

With that I left.