Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Hearing

-Razor's POV-

"Excited to leave?" Josh asked.
"Yes! I hate hospitals!" people looked at me as we walked down the hall. Whatever. Josh and I have become really good friends in this week. I'm going to miss him; he leaves for home today. The rest of the guys came and saw me a couple days ago on their way home.
"I'm gonna miss being able to see you everyday," I said in the cab.
"Me too. You should come visit sometime."
"I just might take you up on that offer. My hearing is tomorrow and I'm so nervous," I randomly blurted.
"He has no case. You'll be safe," he reassured me.
The cab pulled to the side of the road to let us out in front of Megan's complex. We paid and walked inside.
"You're out!" Megan grinned as she embraced me in a hug.
"I grabbed your stuff from your old place so it's a tight fit, but we'll make it work," we walked inside.
"I'm gonna bolt. See you guys later," Josh gave me a huge hug and left.

On the day of hearing, I showed up at the court house in my black strapless dress, arm warmer, studded pumps that I could barely walk in, and I pinned my hair up 50's pin up style.
"Having trouble there?" my lawyer asked as I nearly fell into the building.
"I wore the wrong shoes today. I was thinking court house, look nice. I forgot about my broken ribs and sprained ankle."
"I see. Well let's go see the judge."
As Steel was called to the stand, he flashed a malevolent smile.
"Don't waste your time. I'll admit to everything: I nearly killed her. Bitch deserves to die. Yeah, I've been abusing her for as long as I've known her. Now, can I leave?" the judge was surprised by this and so was I. He slammed his gavel down once he sentenced Steel for two years in prison and one year of probation. In addition, he is to always be 50 feet away from me. Glad this is over.
"How did the hearing go?" I called Josh.
"It was really short. Five minutes. Hallelujah! I wore horrible shoes and I cant stand right now so..." why did I give a girly answer?
"Sorry, I thought I was talking to Razor, not Miss Priss."
"Shut up. I'm on medication!"
"True. Well what's his sentence?"
"Two years in prison, one year probation, and a restraining order."
"That's awesome!"
----

I showed up to work for the first time in a couple weeks.
"You're back!" Slash greeted me with a gentle hug.
"Yep. Still bruised, but I can function again," I smiled.
I went over to the bar and organized everything just in time for the first customer.
"Another beer," the man already ordered a few rum drinks, vodka drinks, and a couple beers.
"I'm gonna cut you off. Rough day?"
"You don't know the beginning of it..."
"Need to vent?"
"Well, I had to work late last night so I didn't get home until around eleven pm. I walk into my bedroom and see my wife curled up, naked, with our neighbor."
"Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that."
"And after I freak out, she tells me that she loves me, but nothing will stop her from sleeping with him."
"That's rough," I wiped down the counter.
"Yeah. I love her, but I want to her to burn in Hell, you know?" I want Steel to burn in Hell, but I hate him.
The rest of the night was slow and I couldn't wait for my shift to be over. Slash and I were going to have a girl's night for the first time in a while.
"Ready?" Slash walked over the bar just as I finished wiping everything down.
"Yeah! Let's do this!" we grabbed a cab and arrived at her place in twenty minutes.