Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

On a Rage

-Burn's POV-

"Razor is in the hospital," Brandon's voice shook over the phone.

"Oh my god! Why?" I panicked.

"Blood... So much blood... Her face- I- I-"

"Her stitches opened?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm on way. Which hospital?"

"Wills Eye."

"Thanks." I hung up and fumbled with my bag to find my keys. "Razor's in the hospital! I'll be back!" I called to Angelo.

"I'm coming with you! You are not driving." He snatched the keys out of my hands and flew out the door.

Tears were wanting to spill from my eyes-- tears of anger and worry. What if she's not alright? What if she will never be able to speak again? I told her not to go on the tour, but she just had to defy me. Most of all, who did this? Whoever that sick bastard is will have to pay. I clenched my fists and bit my lip.

Angelo rested his gentle hand on my leg. "She'll be fine."

"You don't know that."

"She endured it the first time."

"Exactly. Who's to say she'll be able to go through it again?"

He sighed, and I sat in a stew. When we finally pulled into the hospital, I jumped out of the car and ran inside. Angelo drove the car to find a parking spot.

"Lani Claver-- where is she?" I demanded at the front desk.

"Hold on, ma'am. I need you to sign in, and I will look for Ms. Claver," the nurse instructed.

I sighed and signed in while she typed what I assumed to be Razor's name into the computer.

"Room 324."

I ran off and waited impatiently for the elevator. "Come on, come on, come on."

Finally, the doors opened, and I rapidly pressed the button for floor three. Agitated, I waited for the doors to open again. I sped down the hall and heard muffled cries. Room 324.

"I'm so sorry, Razor," I heard Brandon say.

"Razor?" I walked in, immediately worried.

Brandon's head turned, and I saw his red, tear-stained face. He sniffed and returned his gaze to Razor. Her cheeks were worse than before. The scars that lined her cheek bones were wider, and her stitches looked painful.

"Are you in a lot of pain, sweetie?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"She's on some pretty heavy medication. She's briefly fallen asleep a couple times."

"Poor baby." A tear rolled down my cheek, and I grabbed my sister's hand. "I am going to kill whoever did this to you; you can count on that."

She reached for her pen and paper. After scribbling on it, she handed it to me. 'Devin.' it read. Oh hell no.

"I thought that band was good to you." My voice rose a little bit.

"Devin has been giving her shit from the start," Brandon explained.

"Why?" I demanded.

"No one knows."

"Why did you stay?" I looked at Razor.

'Josh ):'

"Then why this tour?"

"She's the manager," Brandon reminded me.

"Ugh! There are too many shit heads in the world! Dad's dead, Razor has had to gone through so much abuse, and Josh is being a prick! Razor, I swear," my voice began to crack, "I am going to protect you no matter what it takes."