Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Home Sweet Home?

-Lani's POV-

"You're home!" Megan cheered as I walked into her apartment.

"Yep." I took in my surroundings. I feel like it's been a lifetime since I've been here.

"So, are you going to tell me why you're back?"

"After you tell me about the rock on your finger!" I almost shrieked.

"Oh yeah," she laughed. "Joey proposed last night."

"That's all you're going to tell me?"

"There's not much to tell. I mean, we went to dinner, then he popped the question."

"I'm happy for you." I smiled.

"It's so exciting." She was very giddy at the moment, but she managed to switch moods in an instant. "Now tell me: why are you home?"

"Josh is an asshole."

"I thought Devin was?"

"Devin and I are cool now. Ever since he ripped the stitches from my face, he's been nice to me."

"From what Steel did?"

I nodded. "But Josh has been nothing but a complete butt-hurt twelve-year-old little girl since the break up. I gave him a choice, and he chose to break up. Yeah, Josh, this is so my fault." I proceeded to explain everything to her.

"I am so sorry... I introduced you to them, and-" Megan began to ramble.

"Megan, stop. Meeting Motionless was amazing! I can't stress enough how amazing it was being with them! Yeah, there were downfalls, but nothing is perfect. Josh was a mistake; we clearly had different intentions."

"You're so... okay with this."

"I learned that letting things go is the best thing to do. What is being mad at him going to do? It certainly was satisfying neither me nor him."

"You're turning into an inspiration, wow."

"Was that backhanded compliment?" I chuckled nervously.

"Oh my gosh, no!" she rushed in an apologetic tone. "I mean, you've been through so much shit that has formed you into this glowing woman."

"Yeah, glowing woman with scars."

"War wounds," she corrected.

"Either way, it's gross."

"It's proof that you survived."

I shrugged. "Yeah. I love you, Megan." I gave her a hug.

"Love you too, sweetie."

"Oh, I need to call Brandon; I never told the guys good-bye."

"I'll leave you to do that." She stood up and left.

"Raze!" he gayly answered.

"Rage!"

"What's ahp!"

"Waz ahp!"

We both laughed.

"Seriously though, how are you?" I asked him.

"Good-- left the band, as you probably know by now."

"What!"

"The guys didn't tell you?"

"Forget that. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I moved back to California. The band was just not for me-- the band life, I should say. Seriously, they didn't tell you?"

"No, I moved back to New York."

"You left too?"

"Yeah." I laughed nervously.

"We put them in a predicament, didn't we?"

"Woops."