The Night We Met

1/1

You wake up to your alarm, groaning. You know a million ways to get your parents to think you're sick and can't go to school. It's senior year and you're 18, you shouldn't even have to have your parents permission, but they'd never let you go tonight if you stayed home sick.

Tonight would be the best night of your life. You were going to meet Falling In Reverse. More importantly, you were going to meet Jacky Vincent. He's your idol, you couldn't imagine a more perfect guitarist for a more perfect band.

You get up and put on your favorite outfit. You're going to get in line directly after school after all. You make yourself look perfect; not a hair out of place. You bring extra make up for touch ups later, then leave for school.

You enter the school and go to your locker, smiling at the picture of Jacky staring back at you. You grab your things and head to class.

The day drags on, and by the time lunch comes around, you groan in frustration. It's only been 3 hours?!?! It's seems like it's been 12! You dread lunch. You don't have it with any of your friends. Everyone always points and laughs. Usually you sit in the hall alone to eat.

You get your lunch, careful not to look anyone in the eye, and start to head to your usual spot. Before you even get out of the cafeteria though, someone trips you, laughing. You get food all over your perfect outfit. Tears fill your eyes as you run out, bullies laughing and mocking you as you push into the restroom.

You grip the sides of the sink as you stare at your reflection. You let out a struggled sob. You're reminded that you hate everyone. You think you're ugly, fat, stupid. Nothing will fix that. Why would you ever think that tonight would be different? Nothing is good. Nothing ever changes. You'll always be the freak, the weird one, the one no one wants to talk to. Despite all these thoughts, you attempt to clean yourself off.

Once you see it's useless, you go to the front office. You have to leave school now. You can't possibly stay here. You sign yourself out and get to your car. You drive yourself home and run in. Your mom wants to know what's wrong, but you don't answer. You run to your shower and strip. A hot shower is just what you need.

You start to clean up, singing to your shower head. You think you're an awful singer. To you, you can't even carry a tune. You don't care, you sing your heart out.

Magically,
I turn tragedy,
Into melody,
Sold for catchy beats!

It comes so naturally,
So smooth and casually,
That's why they call me king
Of the music scene!


You get out when your clean. You get into a t-shirt and sweatpants, putting your outfit in the washer. You won't have this night ruined. You give in to your mom, telling her what happened. She angrily calls the school to complain, but you of course know it won't change anything.

When your outfit is done washing, you grab it and put it back on. You restyle your hair and redo your makeup. Now you'll definitely be the first in line. You get into your car and drive to the venue, sitting at the entrance. It pretty much looks abandoned. You grin as you watch roadies bring in the equipment.

You've never really been this early. You pop in your earbuds and tune out the world, humming and doing some of your make up work. You smile at Ronnie Radke's voice filling your ears.

You feel someone tug on your arm, and you look up to see some middle aged man staring at you. You pull out your earbuds and stand. You politely ask, "can I help you, sir?" to which he looks you up and down, licks his lips, and replies, "yes."

He grabs your arm dragging you. When you struggle and scream, he slaps you, grabbing you by your hair when you fall and dragging you by that instead. He brings you to an alleyway and rips off your favorite shirt. You cry, trying to scream for help, but then he stuffs the shirt into your mouth.

He pins your hands above your head, putting his whiskey coated lips to your neck. He uses his free hand to grab you where a young lady should never be touched against her will. You sob, praying for someone, something, or anything to come to your rescue.

Suddenly, the man is grabbed off you, and you hear him screaming and crying out. Before you know what's happening, your in someone's warm arms, getting a jacket draped over your shoulders, and hearing a sweet British voice whispering sweet things to you. There must be two men, your violator is still being beaten.

Very slowly you open your eyes and look up, finding yourself in the arms of Jacky Vincent himself. Your eyes widen, shocked, but then your cheeks burn, realizing he's seen your chest. He cups your cheek slowly.

"Are you alright, pretty?" He asks. You nod slowly, explaining he didn't get to far. He nods slowly. You look over to find Ronnie Radke beating your violator. Jacky asks your name and you tell him quietly, "let's get you back to the bus. Is the stuff at the entrance yours?" Jacky asks gently. You nod. He tells Ronnie to get it for you, then picks you up bridal style. He carries you onto the bus and lays you onto his bed.

"Where's my shirt?" You ask hopefully. He smiles sadly at you and holds up the torn up Jacky Vincent shirt. You sigh and tears fill your eyes.

"Don't cry, here, let me get you a new one," he says. He disappears for about 5 minutes before returning with a new shirt; the same shirt. You shake your head.

"Oh no, I can't," you say. You'll feel bad taking a free shirt from such an amazing man. He insists, though, so you finally take it, taking off the jacket (after he turns his back), and putting it on. You thank him gratefully. He smiles.

"I've never seen you smile except for in pictures people catch real quick. Not even on stage," you say. It really is an amazing smile. Your remark makes his smile grow wider.

"I guess I just concentrate so much I forget to smile," he says. Ronnie comes in with your bag. You thank him, taking it, and searching it. Your iPod is gone, and so is your ticket. Wait, what?! YOUR TICKET?!?!

"What's wrong?!" Jacky asks, concerned. You tell him hysterically that your ticket has been stolen. He looks almost... Relieved? "Oh good, well you don't need that, you're getting in backstage." He says. Your eyes widen. He can't be serious. This is the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for you.

"W-Woah. Thank you!" you say grinning, and hopping up to hug him. He hugs you tight.

"Of course, I just hope you're okay. That asshole deserves worse than what he got for what he did to you." He says. You smile sadly at him shrugging. You're used to being used anyway, "Uhm, hey, would you maybe like to go get some lunch?"

Your stomach growls. The mention of lunch reminded you of how hungry you really are, you didn't get lunch at school after all. You smile and accept his invitation. He smiles at you and takes your hand, leading you to a small cafe.

"So do you play any instruments?" He asks. You smile, thinking of your baby back at home.

"Yeah, I play guitar. You inspired me actually," you tell him. He smiles at you.

"I'm glad I've had such an impact on your life. Have we ever met? I don't think so, I'm sure I would have remembered a face that's as pretty as yours," he says smiling. Your cheeks heat up and you shake your head. You've seen him at warped, but never really got to meet him. "I didn't think so. Tell me about yourself, darling." He says smiling.

"Well, there's not much to tell. I'm kind of boring. I mean, I play guitar, do my homework, and play video games all day. Everyone at school pretty much hates me except for my two friends. I listen to my music instead of talk to anyone and just try to get through the day," You say, sipping at your coffee. He looks confused at this.

"I don't understand, how can anyone hate you? You're so sweet, and you're such a cute girl. There should be guys falling over each other to have you," he said. You smile sadly at him. You wish it were this easy.

"That's just the way it works I guess," you say. He sighs, nodding, then pays. "Oh, you don't have to pay for me!" You say.

"Don't be silly, come," he says, standing, and holding out his hand. You take it smiling and walk with him back to the bus. There are people in line now, and you can't help but giggle at the girls ogling at you holding hands with Jacky Vincent and getting onto the bus.

"I have to get ready, okay? I'll be right back," he says, sitting you on the couch, kissing your cheek, then disappearing into the back. Your hand raises slowly to where his lips were. What's happening? This must be a dream. Tears come to your eyes as you realize he's much too good for you. This is insane.

A few minutes later, Jacky comes back, looking stunning. He sees the tears in your eyes and hurries over. He sits next to you and wraps an arm around you. You place your head on his shoulder, he really is warm. He hugs you tight with one arm and asks if you're okay. You nod slowly, and he kisses your head.

It's time for the VIP kids to meet the band, so he takes your hand and leads you in with him. You get to sit next to him, in between him and Ronnie. The singer looks over at you smiling, "how are you feeling?" He asks. You tell him your fine, and you thank him for coming to your rescue.

Fans smile at you as they go through the line. Every once in awhile, Jacky looks over at you with a smile, and you smile back at him. When the last fan gets through the line, the band goes backstage, Jacky dragging you with them. He leads you upstairs to a small balcony area where you can watch the bands and watches the opening acts with you. He holds your hand the whole time, stroking it with his thumb. You smile, laying your head on his shoulder.

The second act is over, and Jacky has to go down to the stage. He takes you with him, and you stay in the wings as he goes on with his band, doing what he loves most.

After the first song, Jacky looks over at you smiling, then at Ronnie, who nods at him. His microphone gets turned up as he addresses the huge crowd, grinning.

"Hello everyone. Today, I met a girl. She is the sweetest and most beautiful girl I've ever met. We rescued her from a sticky situation. She's had a pretty hard time with her life, but if she'd let me, I'd like to fix that," he says, then looks over at you smiling. Your eyes are wide and you can barely believe what's happening. He walks over taking your hand and pulling you onstage.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. Your eyes widen more, and the crowd goes crazy. They scream for you to say yes, but how could you say no?

"Yes, yes of course!" You say, and right there, in front of everyone, he pulls you into him, and kisses you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this little oneshot! I know it's kind of short for a one shot but I think for this story it's a good length. Thanks for reading! Tell me what you think!