Stars Crossed

Talk

Greg’s p.o.v

“Just a reminder I’m a girl and I’ve never played golf before so don’t tell me I suck,” Audrey said with a laugh.

“What does being a girl have to do with anything. There are tons of girl out there that play golf,” Ryan asked.

“Shut up Ryan. Nobody asked you,” Audrey said as she took her shot and it went way of course.

“Oh Ryan you’ve been told,” I yelled with a laugh.

Ryan just rolled his eyes and went up to take is shot.

“Awww Ryan you now I love you best friend,” Audrey yelled while running over to give Ryan a hug.

While Ryan was taking his shot, I thought it would be a good time to talk to Audrey. I just didn’t know where to start.

“So, how do you know Ryan?” I asked in almost a whisper.

“I own a skate shop with a couple of my friends and he walked in one day when I was just messing around on a board. We talked and then became instant friends,” she said with a big smile on her face.

“Where is your skate shop?” Wonder in I’ve ever been in it without knowing.

“It’s in Venice Beach. The shop is called 1502 Skateboards. It’s just a little shop right there on the boardwalk,” she says with the brightest smile I have ever seen. She must put her heart into that shop.

“I’ve never heard of it. What made you come up with the name?”

“Me and the guys I opened the shop with all grow up in Ocean Beach, San Diego. We all became friends there and leaned how to skateboard down there. So it was important to us to some how put that little town into our shop and we couldn’t call it Ocean Beach Skate Shop because there is already one of those. So with 1502 we where still kinda calling it Ocean Beach Skateboards.”

That’s were I got confused.

“Why would it still be called Ocean Beach Skateboards with the numbers 1502?”
With a laughed she said, “O is the 15th letter in the alphabet and B is the second. So it comes out to be 1502.”

“So what made you want open...”

I was cut off by Ryan yelling my name tell me that it was my turn up to swing. While I was taking my shot Audrey’s phone started to ring and I only heard her part of the conversation but it didn’t sound good.

“Hey Nick... What do you mean the order didn’t come in... It should be there the guy said it was coming today... No I can’t come in... Because I’m playing golf... Hey don’t laugh at me, I can play golf if I want to... Yeah I can come back... Just sit tight I’ll be there soon, bye Nick. So, I have to head back to LA sooner then I thought,” Audrey said with a sad twinge in her voice.

“It’s OK, at least you will be at X-Games in a few day right?” Ryan asked.

“YES!!! Of course I’ll be at X-Games. I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” she said with giving Ryan a big smile and hug.

I can’t believe she has to leave early. I didn’t even get to talk to her that much. She did say she was going to be at X-Games in a few days so I hope I can see her there.

“Hey Greg are you going to be at X-Games in a few days?” she asked me with a small smile.

“Yeah I’ll be there cheering this kid on,” I said while giving Ryan a pat on the back.

“Well I hope to see you there. Maybe we can finish our conversation?”

“Yeah, that would be awesome.” I don’t think my smile could get any bigger then it was right now.

“OK, I’m head out. Ryan I love you and I’ll see you soon. Greg it was nice to meet you.” Audrey waved goodbye and headed back to the clubhouse.

As she was walking away Ryan bumped my shoulder and asked what happened when he was taking his shot.

“Nothing happened, we were just talking,” I said with a shrug.

Ryan just laughed and said, “Yeah when pigs fly maybe.”

“I like her, but I just meet her and I don’t want to freak her out,” I let out with a huff.

“I KNEW IT!! Thats why I am going to help you out,” Ryan said with a smile.
“Really?”

“Yeah of course I’ll help. You are my friends and so is she and she has had some bad luck with guys the last couple of years,” Ryan said with a small frown.

I really wanted to ask what he meant by, she had bad luck with guys, but I knew that wasn’t his story to tell. So I just kept my mouth shut.

“I’m gonna give you her number, but you have to pretend that you stole it out of my phone. She doesn’t like me hooking her up with guy.”

After Ryan gave me her number, we finished our golf game and went back to the clubhouse to enjoy some drinks. The whole time I was wonder when would be a good time to text her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope to make them longer.