Status: Active

Operation: Arctic Fortress

Chapter Three: Willing Prisoner

"Still here, mein patient?" Medic chuckled to himself.

"No, as a matter of fact I just got back." Wynter said sarcastically.

Medic smiled and pinched her cheek, speaking in an outlandishly obnoxious mock-baby voice as he returned the favor. “Ah, you’re too much. Did you get any food while you were out? Are you hungry, armes liebling?”

Wynter scoffed, totally unamused.

"I’ll take that as a yes."

Medic walked over to the fridge he stored various things in, the whole interior packed with snow to keep the contents cool. It contained mostly organs and blood for transplant, samples for experiments, temperature sensitive medications, bird food, and occasionally, snacks.

"I’ll have you know right away ve don’t have much, most of ze food is rationed so don’t ever take any without asking." He said from across the room, taking out something that looked like cooked ham and hacking off a slice to put on a paper plate. "Especially with ze Heavy, he may look stupid and act kindly to zose he knows are friendly, but he will not think twice to shoot you should you betray us."

He brought the plate with him to the operating table. “Now, I’m going to take your restraints off since we’ve determined you’re not a threat.” Medic said, “Buuuut if you give me reason to see you as a one,” he pulled out a rather unnecessarily large bonesaw and put it to her throat, leaning in to whisper to her. “I von’t hesitate in making you my latest experiment. Are we understood?”

"Yes." Wynter agreed. At this point she was just happy to be free of the restraints, and she suspected that food was for her… it looked delicious.

"Good girl." Medic said, patting her on the head. It didn’t take long before Wynter was free from the leather straps that bound her to the table, and she was able to sit up straight. Almost immediately upon arising, he handed her the plate.

"Do not take long. Ve need to train you as soon as possible."

Wynter nearly choked on the meat as soon as she swallowed it. “Training?”

"How do I put zis kindly? You’ve been drafted."

"Tell me you’re kidding. Please tell me you are fucking shitting me." Wynter said, raising her voice in extreme displeasure.

Medic laughed, unfazed by her use of coarse language. “My team came to an agreement that your assistance in our situation could be helpful.”

"Oh, so that just instantly gives you the right to add me to your little army, because you think I could be of use to you?"

"Now, now. It vas not entirely my idea. We made the decision as a team."

"You’re kidding me, right?"

"I thought we previously discussed I was shitting you." Medic snickered. "Look, it is not all bad. Without your father you’re clearly going to starve and die."

"Actually, my father taught me how to take care of myself. I don’t need your help, even if that’s really what you were offering me here.”

Medic scoffed. “Zhat’s why you got captured. If that was the best that your father could teach you, I can assure you it is a miracle you both survived long enough for him to teach you whatever awful ‘battle strategies’ he knew. Face it, you are weak and incapable of defending yourself.”

"I don’t know what pisses me off more about you, the fact that you’re blatantly insulting my father and myself, or that you have the audacity to say it right to my fucking face." Wynter spat.

"You say zhat like I should feel threatened."

"Because you should feel threatened." Wynter sneered.

"Ugh, liebling. Your efforts are charming, but how about you just shut your mouth before I sew it shut." Medic laughed.

"Oh you’re so fucking intimidating.” Wynter said, “I would love to see you try.

Medic put the bonesaw still in his hand to her throat. “Do not try my patience.”

"The main fuckin’ purpose of my life is to try." Wynter whispered, "……….doctor.”

Medic went to press the saw to her throat and slit it open, but she flipped herself back over the table and he took a slice at thin air. Grabbing the closest thing to her -an unnecessarily large scalpel- she decided to take a stand.

"Come and get me, you sick German bastard." She taunted.

"See? You’re already making mistakes." Medic said calmly, walking towards her. "Zhere is a wall behind you. All I have to do is-" He pushed her backwards into the wall and rushed in, bracing one arm to her left and holding the bonesaw to her throat with the other. "Zhis. If I was ze BLU medic, you would be dead right now."

Before Medic could take another stab at her -so to speak- they were interrupted by Soldier, who was clearly impatient to start training his newest recruit.

"You’ve started training without me!" He exclaimed when he saw both parties wielding knives. "Well. Operation equipment is not suitable for duty." He approached Medic and Wynter both, taking their weapons, proceeding to give both a brief lecture. "Lots of diseases your patients could get from the battlefield if you ever used this for medical use again." He turned to Wynter, "And not nearly sturdy or powerful enough to deal any real damage."

"Certain situations call for whatever weapons you can get your hands on." She replied, glaring at Medic.

"Smart girl. Tell me, are you ready for training?"

"Actually, no. I didn’t sign up for this."

"It’s called a draft." Soldier said, patting Wynter on the back.

"Yeah, I’m aware what it’s called." Wynter said.

"Has Medic explained to you what we are fighting against?"

"Clones."

"Clones made by a nemesis to end all nemeses. He is trying to put an end to the human race, and completely destroy the world. You can leave now if you want, nobody should be forced to fight. But I’ll tell you one thing, hiding out in the woods is not going to save you. Living every man for himself is what got everyone else killed. Our survival as a race depends on each other, and I can tell you now our team needs all the help it can get."

Wynter was quiet for a moment. Soldier had a point, and while it definitely wasn’t guaranteed she was going to live either way, she had a better shot with this group of refugees than she did by herself. Safety in numbers.

Sighing, she nodded her head. “I’m in.”

"Then let’s not waste one more second, we’re burning daylight!" Soldier exclaimed, leading Wynter out of Medic’s lab.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah yeah let's hop to it. Training time.
Comments appreciated!