Status: Active

Operation: Arctic Fortress

Chapter Five: Wreched Roost

Spy lead Wynter back into the hospital, past Medic’s room, and up the dark hall that lead by it.

"So what’s the deal with the BLU team?" She asked, "If you guys are so great and ex military and things like that, with all of your weapons and fancy gadgets… why can’t you wipe out the BLU team? There can’t possibly be that many of them…”

"Respawn." Spy replied calmly, "I told you they were clones of us, yes? There’s at least It’s their advantage over us in battle. When one of them dies, they just come back to life at their base. That scientist….that monster…. he made a chip just for that purpose. In order to kill the clones for once and for all, we need to remove the chips."

"So you’re basically fighting for nothing until the chips are removed?" Wynter asked.

"No. Never, never for nothing. It’s better to keep fighting while we figure out a way to do what needs to be done than just give up and let him destroy the world. We fight to live, and so long as it’s for our lives, it’s not for nothing."

"Well yeah, I get that, but I mean… they’re just going to keep coming back. Doesn’t that get discouraging?"

"I’ve been a mercenary for quite a while now." Spy said with a shrug, taking out another cigarette, "My life is war. To be completely honest with you, it’s what I’m going to do after this final battle is won. This is all I know." he took a second cigarette and handed it to Wynter.

"Thanks." She said, putting it in her mouth and allowing him to light it for her. "I guess I kind of know how you feel. It’s weird for me to think about how I’m going to be fighting as opposed to hiding. My dad and I never fought, it was always about laying low and doing the best we could to survive.”

"I suppose that could be problematic, yes. To be completely honest with you, I was against the idea of keeping you here."

"That doesn’t surpsise me." Wynter said, inhaling the smoke deeply., "I didn’t really want to stay that much to begin with myself."

"So what made you decide you wanted to stay, then?"

"This guy has to be stopped." Wynter said, "It’s as simple as that. Soldier gave me a little lecture about our fates depending on eachother’s and things like that. I’m totally capable of taking care of myself, but that’s not going to do me any good in the event the world comes to an end."

"Agreed." Spy said. "So, always take the hall we were just in if you need to go outside for training or visit Medic. It’s faster and most convenient."

They were standing in a large, open room. It must have been a reception area before the hospital was abandoned. There were five doors, but three of them were boarded shut.

"Down the hall to our far right is the briefing room. That’s where we meet to discuss our next plans of attack. And the next two halls are the sleeping quarters. I’m not sure if anyone has taken the initiative to prepare a room for you, but I am fairly certain there will be one ready when you are ready to retire."

"Why are the doorways boarded up?" Wynter asked, gesturing to the closed entries.

"We simply had no use for them. We found ourselves getting lost inside this establishment when we first came here, so we made an effort in making the space smaller. We only use about one-fourth of this whole building for living, the other parts are being deconstructed for supplies such as wood, plastic, and metal. We cannot let anything go to waste!" Spy said with a laugh. "Anyway." He walked towards the briefing room, "Come. I have something to show you."

She followed him down the dark hall and into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not going where you think it is, you pervs.
Comments appreciated.