Status: Active

Operation: Arctic Fortress

Chapter Six: Gentlemen

The briefing room lit up the hallway, there were two people inside. Wynter could see the outline of them from behind the glass as they approached.
Spy reached for the door and opened it, letting Wynter in first. Everyone sitting around the table immediately looked in her direction, and it made her uncomfortable. Noticing this, Spy cleared his throat to avert their attention.
"Gentlemen. This is our nouvel ami-" He leant down to Wynter, "What is your name again?"
"Wynter."
"Wynter." Spy echoed, motioning to her to sit down at the table.
"Ohoho, man." A young, loud boy was the first to comment, "So we're actually keepin' her?"
"Oui. Don't be brash." Spy scolded. "Wynter, the loudmouth is Scout, this is our resident tank, Heavy." He patted the man sitting next to him on the back.
"Aye, they call me Demoman." he said in an enthusiastic, slurry voice, reaching out a hand to shake hers.
"Hi." She said quietly, still not completely sure how to interact with these people. She was used to laying low, staying silent, obeying orders... this was not only a whole different enviroment, this was different personalities, louder, more agressive and bloodthirsty than she had ever seen or interacted with.
"Wynter has agreed to stay with us and fight BLU." Spy said, pulling out a chair and sitting next to her. He motioned to Scout to bring him a folder full of papers, and he complied.
"In this profile you will find information on the types of classes that BLU has. I suggest you look over them extremely well, as knowing your enemy will be the difference between life and death out here."
Wynter took the folder and opened it, looking over the contents. There were pictures of the BLU team members, as well as fully detailed profiles attached.
"How did you actually manage to get pictures of them without getting killed?"
"Reconnisance work." Scout piped up before Spy could speak, "It's kinda our thing. Breakin' and enterin', it's fuckin' great."
"I'm surprised I make it out alive every time I bring you." Spy said with a roll of his eyes.
"Aw chill out, brutha. You love me."
"I do not."
"Yeeeeah ya do."
"I do not."
Scout chuckled and made kissy faces at Spy, who seemed rather insulted.
"Don't look at me like that, that's what you signed up for when you decided to date my ma. Baggage, buddy, baggage."
Demoman let out a loud, hoarse laugh. "Like a lil' ol' laddeh like you'd know te first thing aboot women."
"I know everything about the ladies, ya drunk."
Demoman's expression became solemn. "Ay! You bet'ter watch yerself, twinkle'oes. I'mma bit intoxicat'ed but I can still blow yer ta bits."
"Uh...n-no. I was kiddin' buddy, calm down." Scout laughed nervously as Demoman leant back into his chair, swigging his alcohol.
"Well this is an interesting family dynamic you have going on here." Wynter said, flipping another page over.
"Indeed, and they get tiring after a while."
"How long have all you guys been fighting together?"
"Many years!" Demoman bellowed, "We fought under contract for five, then went separate ways for three, and got it back toge'er to fight BLU two ago!"
"You guys must kick a lot of ass when you're out there if you've been working together for so long."
"It depends." Spy said, a little taken back by her use of language. "There's been more close victories for them than I would like to admit."
"So, what's your class?" Scout asked, reaching across the table to slip a piece of paper out of the portfolio she was still looking through.
"I uh..."
"She doesn't have one." Spy interrupted, "We're still in the process of figuring out of what she can do."
"She can shoot, can't she?"
"Not exactly."
Wynter cleared her throat, finding his comment a little rude.
"I can shoot."
"Not very well, chérie." Spy said, "With practice you will be good, but for now you are no renaissance woman."
"Don't listen to him, he told me I couldn't shoot for crap when I first ended up here too and look at me!" Scout reclined in his chair with his arms out, calling attention to himself.
"You are a great shooter, which is why your specialty is jogging." Spy said as he rolled his eyes.
"Look buddy, I'm awesome. Get over it."
Wynter couldn't help but chuckle to herself, as the display of conflict between Spy and Scout was incredibly entertaining. And what was that about dating his Scout's mom? Was he really?
Looking to the papers in front of her, it was clear to see that perhaps she'd gotten in over her head with this. All of the classes, they seemed intimidating, not to mention the weapons.
Where the hell were they finding these goddamned weapons? Rocket launchers, mini guns, anything you could have imagined and more, all at their disposal.
She was either going to need major drive and determination, or be prepared to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of a filler-type chapter but it'll do.
Comments appreciated.