Status: The story is in development. I have a full time job that limits my access to story writing time. Be patient <3

The Legend of Anna Sun

On the Run

Joey ran. The wheat blades stung his legs. He wished he had worn longer pants, but who knew that this what was going to happen tonight. Tonight of all nights. He leaped a hole in the ground. He looked back over his shoulder to see if the unfortunate geology had slowed him down. No. There was still time. Joey shed himself of his jacket. He wrapped it around his arm. He used it as a tourniquet. They had tapped him. a bullet grazed his once perfect skin. As soon as it was tight and the blood wasn’t flowing as rapidly, he ran harder, his feet hitting the ground in a rapid repetition. All of the sudden a light shone infront of him. It beamed down from the sky. Joey slid into the grain stalks and bent a couple. No....no....this wasn’t fair. Joey got up and ran to the East. He made a 90 and ran from yet another search light. He ran into the darkness and bit his lip as the grain tore at the already open cuts on his leg. He held his breath as he went faster. Soon a house appeared. Joey squinted as he panted. It would be obvious he would stop there. He ran into the house and locked the door. He then quickly searched for a window. He ran upstairs and soon found a balcony. He walked out and looked down at the ground below him. He looked back at the open door and then quickly gathered his courage. He climbed down. He dropped to the ground and then moved to crouch behind the wall of the house. He gnashed his teeth together as now his legs, his arm and now his ankles all were injured. He sat up straight as he heard the men banging at the front door of the house. He had confused them. He had done it. Joey smiled and then crept away from the house. When he was was out of hearing distance he took off through the grass and into the wheat fields again. He panted but not as much. He came to a crossroads. He looked at the sign. One lead to his nice safe home. He couldn’t go back there. It was safe, it was familiar and warm, but it was also where they knew he would want to be. One led to certain danger. A territory not many came back from . Ahead was something unfamiliar. Something new. He could hear the helicopters. He collapsed and found a tall patch of overgrown grass. He hid. His heart pounded as the helicopters passed over. They went back to his house!!! Joey smiled feeling that he had been given another chance at life. He stood up and attempted his decision again.



“Danger....or....something new.” Joey started towards the path that he new would make him risk his life. He’d be safe eventually, but for what price? He then looked back at the path infront of him. He had no idea what was down that path. Joey smiled to himself. He felt like an adventure. He smiled as the sun started to turn orange in the sky. Joey jogged down the path and then slowed to a walk as he entered the unfamiliar land. It started out as empty land. It was once trodden. footsteps. Tires. They were all here. Joey stopped as he saw a block ahead of him. He sighed in defeat and stopped as he saw a stone wall. He wanted this to be the piece of the puzzle he had missed. He wanted to take the path less traveled. He bit his lip and looked around. The stone went on forever. Clever vines and bushes hid the wall. Joey let his shoulders hang as he examined his new dilemma.



“Certain danger it is....” Joey began to walk back and take the new dangerous path. He paused and then shook his head. No. His legs couldn’t carry him anymore. He turned and looked at the wall. Just a wall nothing more. He sat down against it in a corner. He let the leaves of those same clever bushes hide his head from the sun, incase those demonic, annoying and highly inconvenient helicopters returned. He began to let his eyes close before suddenly the wall gave in behind him. Joey’s head smacked the ground. He sat up and turned around. Instead of cursing like he was ready to do, he held his breath. The bricks had moved. He pushed them all the way through. Light. He smiled and felt his curious side take over. He got on his knees and pushed the wall in further. It stopped. Only a 3ftX4ft hole gave way. The rest was as solid as possible. He crawled through and stood up. On the other side, the most manicured, healthy, lively and exotic display of greenery he had ever seen. Joey smiled and then began to walk forward to the rest of the new world. He paused and laughed. They would never catch him here. He ran back and put the bricks back in place. He stood up and with the snap of his fingers, a light came from his pocket. No bigger than a dime, this new light flew around his head and seemed to dance. Joey laughed and looked at it and spun in circles to keep his attention on the light. He smiled and then walked forward. The blue light journeyed next to his hear about an arms length out.



“What is this.... do you know?” Joey didn’t even wait to see what the little one responded. Could it even speak at all? It looked as if a team of gardeners must attend to such fascinating landscapes every hour of the day. Joey smiled and walked up to a pond. The water was clear. The blue energy surfed the surface. Joey kneeled down and scooped up the water and rinsed off of his arm and bit his lip in pain. He whistled and then looked up and smiled lovingly as the blue one hovered over. It made a sad sound before moving at incredible pace and soon Joey’s arm was healed. The small cuts and dirt from his legs disappeared. Joey laid down in the grass and felt restored. He watched as the blue speck danced above him.



“Yes, Thank you, I haven’t forgotten my manners, little Anya.” Joey sat up once more and watched the little one take off again. Joey sat up and looked around. Where was he? Someone’s yard? On the outskirts of a park? Joey rolled his eyes. With his luck he would be sitting in the yard of the next towns jail house. He smiled and stood up and headed towards the land in front of him. It was lined with hedges all perfectly trimmed. Joey smiled and ran his fingers through the leaves of the greenery. There weren’t any thorns. There weren’t any beetles or bugs to make him scream. He whistles again.



“Anya....tell me what is on the other side.” Joey looked up and watched as the blue one took off over the hedge. On the other side there were more hedges. She weaved in and out of the shrubbery. She let off tinkles of frustration. She paused and then moved closer to a bush. There was something inside. She moved closer. She flew back as if met with a leaf blower. Once she caught her balance in the sky she looked again. To her surprise a speck of light her size flew up like a glowing, flying marble. It was red. She was frightened and circled it. Anya was brave enough to approach, but the other was not. He flew off at alarming speeds as if to send a warning. Anya too was alarmed by such behavior. She wasn’t sure to make of such strange behavior. She flew back and swarmed Joey’s head. She flew down his shirt and hid behind the collar of his shirt.



“Act properly and then I will listen to you.” A slight jab at his neck was given by the ball of energy. Joey rubbed his neck and then felt the need to listen to her report. His eyes lit up. 

“

You mean... there is more...of you?” Joey clapped, “We have to go search....where? A maze?” Joey huffed and then turned about himself and looked for a short cut. “We will just have to dive in. Come on....show me where it was”