Status: oneshot.

Carrie

not everything ends happily.

She lay on the ground, the cold, wet road piercing through her clothing. She stared up at the sky, blankly, trying not to focus on the person that was meant to be here. Her fists twisted themselves into her jumper, trying to conceal her anger and betrayal. It was an abandoned road, she was glad of that. That person that promised to be here, promised that he wouldn't leave her like this; that he kept his so-called promises.

Tears began to cascade down her face, not being able to hide her emotions any longer. Her body shook from the slight wind but she didn't care; not when he wasn't here. With tears still falling from her eyes, she stood up, deciding to just walk away, and never look back.

"Carrie," his voice made her forget her previous decision. She turned around to stare at the boy in front of her, the boy that smiled slightly at the sight of her. "You must be cold," he stated.

She kept quiet, staring at him, the tears continuously falling now. He stepped forwards, and as if on instinct, she stepped away from him; away from his touch. No matter how much she yearned for it, she couldn't allow herself to fall again.

"Babe, please, I'm so-"

"Don't you dare, Brian," she said, her voice barely above a whisper, "you promised you'd be here, and after what you did."

He stepped forwards again, wanting to touch her, wanted to kiss her, wanting to tell her that everything is alright. But he couldn't. "C-Carrie, please, don't go, no, Carrie," he begged, nearly falling to his knees, "I-I'm sorry, it was an accident, I was drunk and angry, please, baby, don't go."

She stared at him, the tears falling even harder now. "It's not my choice anymore, Brian," she told him, sternly, "you made the mistake; I paid the price. This is goodbye Brian, forever." Brian stepped forwards, his own tears flooding from his eyes.

Then, she disappeared. All in one second, she had disappeared, right in front of his eyes. This time he did fall to his knees and called her name several times.

She wouldn't come back, not now, not ever. She was gone, she had left him, and it was all his fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, yeah.