Status: Updates may be slow. Feedback is welcome!!!

The Girl with the Golden Voice

Prologue

Light pierces the stone chamber, shaking me awake. I scream silently as the agony of... something floods into my mind and body. I remember three things. I remember a face, a tail, and a song. After that is a blur. I know I was thrown overboard from the deck of my father's ship and into the churning sea. The feeling of two hands hauling me onto sand comes back, and then-- a face, a tail, and a song. Then darkness. Now I am here. Why? I don't know, but I will find out. I look around and see them-- the fish-people. Mermaids. Sirens. They are the enemies of sailors. My people-- my old people-- called them SailorBane. I now know them as family, I realize as I look down at the tail where my legs once were. I am one of them. I am Elicere, the siren.
Sleep overcomes me again as memories of my sailing life disappear and a story forged by my fellow sirens arrives. As darkness fills my vision, I hear a voice, soft as silk, saying, "She will only know the siren-way. No memories of her past life will be with her when her eyes open once more..."
Her voice fades away and a new song, long and blurry, crowds into my head. I fall asleep, my mind empty, and smile as the sirens take over.

I am a siren.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a prologue. Do not despair, the other chapters will be longer! And this does not have anything to do with Sleeping with Sirens. Sorry to disappoint you if that's what you were hoping for.
Stay strong, my saplings!