Status: Only 3 chapters cause it's a short story...

War

After The War

I was eating a sandwich downstairs but it didn’t taste like anything. The doorbell rang loudly. Like someone was at the door who was not very happy to be there and just wanted to get it over with. I walked towards the door slowly. I was not able to move fast anymore and I looked like a zombie. I opened a door and there were to soldiers there, “Hello sir, how may I help you.” The man hesitantly handed me a stars and stripes flag. “I’m sorry, miss Barney. We couldn’t return your father so we brought you this flag in honour of him." I looked at them and then at the flag in my hands. My mom appeared at the door in the same state of fatigue as I am in. She looked at the flag in my hand and then at the soldiers. And her expression changed from expressionless zombie to angry vampire. If looks could kill, they would both be more than just dead, slaughtered and left for the dogs, then sawed back together and brought to life just so she could murder them again and put there heads on stakes. The soldiers backed down. “So.. Ehm.. I think we should leave you two to mourn.” the other soldier said. They walked away with a quick pace. My mom’s expression changed again, from angry vampire to devastated corpse. She still didn’t look human to me but neither did I so it didn’t really matter. My mom ran in side up the stairs and I closed the door and moved back to my sandwich, with the flag in my hand. I put it down on the table. I looked at it as I finished my sandwich. Suddenly I felt a wave of anger moving through me. “Stupid war, Stupid country. You killed my dad! STUPID WAR, STUPID DARN COUNTRY!” I grabbed the flag and ripped it to pieces crying while the flag became less and less recognizable. “I HATE YOU!” I threw away the rest and ran to my room. I saw my mom sitting on my bed and I hugged her. And this is how we spent most of our days. Two zombies crying in each others arms. Robbed from there loved one and robbed from there lifes.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter... I really hope y'all enjoyed this short story...