Status: I promise to try and update soon

Tempting

Fear

​​​​​​Image​​​​​​

​​​
​​​​​​​The ride to Los Angeles was enthusiastic; the radio kept playing all the songs that Katherine knew by heart, her friends sometimes laughing at the faces she would pull when the high notes came along. It had been a while since the girl had had this much fun; usually, her life was filled with responsibilities and the pressure to not disappoint her parents.

“That’s the Hotel we’re staying in, isn’t it?” Rachel asked, squinting her eyes to see a bit better through the car window.

Gabriella nodded, her eyes still focused on the road ahead of them, noticing that the turn she had to make to get to the Hotel parking was right in front of her.

“Yeah, we’ll be there in about two minutes.” The redhead smiled at her friends, making a perfect turn, the lyrics to the song blasting through the car’s speakers coming out of her lips in a perfect rhythm. She was the artist of the group, that much everyone could agree with.

Katherine felt her heart begin to race, the realization that this was actually happening finally hitting her hard. A grin came to her lips as Gabriella finally parked the car, the enormous building in front of them making the four girls drop their jaws in awe.

“Let’s go, let’s see our rooms.” Elizabeth, the quiet one, seemed to have a whole new personality as soon as they stepped foot outside of the car, opening the trunk of the black car and taking her luggage out of it, turning to her friends, waiting impatiently. “Move your Asses!”

Laughing at her language, the three remaining girls took their own bags out of the trunk, walking side by side to the lobby of the Hotel, taking in every single detail of the amazing place they would be staying during the weekend.

**

“Rough night?” Even though the man’s voice was nothing but a normal tone, Katherine flinched, her head wanting to explode at any second. The World seemed to be taking the day off to make every single sound as annoying and loud as possible.

Groaning, the brunette had to take a few seconds to finally make up some answer that didn’t come out as a groan, a moan or a loud dying whale sound.

“You know, I’m quite ready to do one of those commercials telling kids not to drink or do drugs.” Was all she could mutter, as the young waiter handed her a mug filled with delicious and steaming coffee.

Thanking him and giving him an apologetic smile for the awful appearance she had at the moment, Katherine made her way to a table, knowing her three friends were probably in a worse place than she was and wouldn’t come down to have breakfast.

After finishing her cup of coffee and taking three or four bites out of a chocolate croissant, the young girl decided it would be a good time to do the one thing she was actually coming to Los Angeles to do. She went back to the room, grabbed her purse and left the Hotel with her sunglasses on, trying to fight the urge to run to the middle of the street and get hit by a bus just to stop feeling the pain in her head.

The girl pulled her phone out of her pocket, searching into Google Maps to find what she needed; it took no longer than two minutes for her to start walking, following the directions the device was giving her.

**

Katherine hadn’t really expected the walk to take as long as it was taking; it had been twenty minutes already and she was nowhere near the destination point. Her head was still killing her, and now her feet were joining the party.

She had to admit; the street wasn’t one of the most pleasant streets the city had to offer, which made her reluctant to continue her discovery. When she heard someone screaming, she knew her instincts were correct.

The young woman turned around, finding a tall man all dressed in leather holding a guy by his throat, the one in the air barely breathing. She swallowed a lump that had formed in her throat, taking one step further, happy that none of them had noticed her there.

“You couldn’t keep it in your pants, could you now?” A deep voice came from the leather dressed man. “I told you to stay away, and you had to go and hurt her. Now, I have to kill you.” A fake tone of disappointment filled his words, venom coming with each one of them.

You could see that the other was trying to reply, most likely trying to find a good excuse to explain why he had done what he did, although Katherine knew nothing about the fight. A gun was poorly hidden on the back pocket of the tall man’s jeans; when she noticed, the blood escaped from her body, making her look pale.

It took him three seconds to pull the gun out, roughly placing it against the man’s temple; he was barely alive as it was, his face bright red as he couldn’t breathe.

“Tell your brother hello from me, will you?” A twisted smirk came to his lips, making Katherine shiver and fear for her own life. She couldn’t move; fear was taking over her entire body, this being the first time she had witnessed any sort of crime at all. “I guess I’ll see you in Hell, Perry.”

A gunshot was heard and then, suddenly, everything was quiet again. The dead body slumped to the floor, the tall man putting his gun on the same spot it was before like nothing had happened at all. Katherine’s eyes were wide, her hands shaking like leafs.

A sob. All it took was a sob for him to suddenly snap his head, turning it around and facing the frightened girl. He groaned, mumbling some words to himself as one of his hands went to his long black hair, keeping it away from his clear eyes.

He took a few steps towards her and stopped when his nose could almost touch hers. “What did you see?”

His voice was has scary and cold as it had been when he was talking to the now dead man, making her close her eyes for longer than it was needed, a shaky breath coming out of her lips. “N-Nothing.” The girl stuttered.

The man laughed, shaking his head. His hand was on the gun again; ready to pull it out of his pocket at any time.

“You see, I don’t believe that. Do you believe in your own words and tone?” You could tell he was having fun with the scared girl. “Now… What should I do with you?”
​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter is up!
Thank you for reading.
Leave some feedback please!
xx