Status: Updates may be slow. Feedback is welcome.

Fairy Tail

Chapter 1

“Genevieve! You must come down from the tree!” A thin, reedy voice was shouting at me, but I refused to listen.
“I shall not!” I retort to Oscar, my twin brother. “Why must I come down from the tree to meet in-laws anyways?” Unfortunately, my voice is whiny and nervous instead of strong or formidable as I had hoped it would be.
“Gen, you know how much Aunt Felicity and Uncle Marcus adore you!” While he’s talking, a new voice resonates up to me in the arms of the tall birch tree.
“Genevieve Fitzgerald, if you do not come down from the tree then you will not get dessert!” My mother, Maria, says this with a sing-song voice. She knows dessert will entice someone sitting in a tree while a cold wind howls and whispers around them. Maria is always right, so I tediously climb down from the tree and walk inside, turning my nose up at Oscar as I do so. Mother notices. She notices everything.
“Genevieve, you really ought to be nice to your brother. He’s the only one you have, thank goodness,” Maria laughs. She swoops down to pick up Ana, my youngest sister, as she runs by in a giggly storm. The second youngest, Miriam, follows directly after. Ana is a darling thing, with strawberry blond curls and big, blue eyes. Her young charm is never-ending at age four. Miriam has darker straight hair, and brown eyes that can make a spy spill all of his secrets. Since Miri is only nine, she can still tolerate playing with Ana but understands when enough is enough. Oscar is younger than me, but only just. He has a shock of raven black hair like mine, but his is unruly and messed up. Oscar’s eyes glint with mischief when he spies the birthday cake on the table, tall and beautiful. I can feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. I love it. It is beautiful! The most beautiful cake I have ever seen, in fact. But it makes me feel even more horrid. Mother notices, yet again. “What is wrong, my Genevieve?” I burst into tears and flee from the cheerful room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters may be short, and updates may take awhile, but stay strong nonetheless, my saplings.